The Student Room Group

PL title race 2021/22

The race is going down to the wire this season. Who do you think will get the title this season and will both Liverpool and City end with 90+ points?

I think Liverpool gets the title with 94, with City coming second with 93.
Reply 1
No absoloutely not, Man city will 100% win, Liverpool are going to end up going downhill.
Original post by 8013
The race is going down to the wire this season. Who do you think will get the title this season and will both Liverpool and City end with 90+ points?

Liverpool To Win The Quadruple
Original post by 8013

Ys, that is what I think. Both will finish the season with 90+ points and Liverpool hopefully become the champion.
I think Man City will win the Title. It will be difficult for Liverpool to maintain their form for the rest of the season. They also have to go to the Etihad next week.

I hope I’m wrong though. I think this will start with Liverpool drawing to Watford tomorrow…

Should be fun to watch the rest of the season play out, as well as the battle for top 4.
Original post by 8013

I don't think that those numbers are likely, but as a City fan I hope we win the title.
I said Liverpool at the start of the season so I have to stick to it!
Original post by sufys
I don't think that those numbers are likely, but as a City fan I hope we win the title.

I am surprised that City has fans. No glory hunter, really a true fan who goes to home and away matches and singing in stadiums. And I thought that the traditional teams (Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Tottenham, etc.) have these fans only. Looks like that I was wrong.
Original post by 8013

As a Manchester United fan it is City to lose. 97 points city will win it by.
City's to lose now!!!!
We have the easier run in so hopefully the title is ours!
Original post by sufys
City's to lose now!!!!

To celebrate city advantage from a Manchester United fan:
Original post by Mohammed2700
To celebrate city advantage from a Manchester United fan:

Thank you so much you have kept our PL title record intact. And saved us from embarrassment so yeah. It would hurt more to see livarpool when the title then city but congratulations and best of luck for the remainder of the campaign just a shame you couldn’t do a 100+ points.
Original post by sufys
City's to lose now!!!!

After all what I have heard City played an amazing match against an equal Liverpool FC and by looking on the match days, I agree, Liverpool has the tougher opponents. And City in this form is a tough nut. The final fixtures speaks for City.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
After all what I have heard City played an amazing match against an equal Liverpool FC and by looking on the match days, I disagree, Liverpool has the tougher opponents. And City in this form is a tough nut. The final fixtures speaks for City.

City were the deserved winners through and throughout. It’s game…set…match city.
After all what I have heard City played an amazing match against an equal Liverpool FC and by looking on the match days, I disagree, Liverpool has the tougher opponents. And City in this form is a tough nut. The final fixtures speaks for City.

I said we have the easier run in - I'm a City fan if you remember. So we agree.
Original post by Mohammed2700
City were the deserved winners through and throughout. It’s game…set…match city.

And you don't mind it as a United fan? that is a sportsmanlike behaviour!

Original post by sufys
I said we have the easier run in - I'm a City fan if you remember. So we agree.

I forgot, but now I remember again, City just needs nine victories and the title is yours. I see no great obstacles for the team, it is highely likely that City wins them all.
(edited 2 years ago)
And you don't mind it as a United fan? that is a sportsmanlike behaviour!

I forgot, but now I remember again, City just needs nine victories and the title is yours. I see no great obstacles for the team, it is highely likely that City win them all.

Of course I don’t mind. I would rather have our closest rival fans and our noisy neighbours win it then livarpool fc. Why would I want them to tarnish a record rightfully set by Manchester United and that Manchester United are known for and are and we’re one of the best teams in England.

Quick Reply

Latest