AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2J - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
OJlongley
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Damn. Nobody here talking about the American Civil War.
I'm just hoping for as many questions about the actual war as possible
Anom-007
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OJlongley)
Damn. Nobody here talking about the American Civil War.
I'm just hoping for as many questions about the actual war as possible
Are you talking about 2J? America a Nation Divided? My strengths lie between 1845 - 1861, need to revise 1861 - 1877 more today lol
Exaucr
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Does Anyone do Italy and Fascism 1900-1945
cleothepatra
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
IDK if anyone is checking here LOL but does anyone have any tips on exam technique eg how to structure answers to questions? my first paper was on the tudors and while the exam follows the same general structure i always feel like i have to approach this one differently
OJlongley
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Exaucr)
Does Anyone do Italy and Fascism 1900-1945
No. This is the Civil War thread.
This is probably the thread you want. But it's also dead
OJlongley
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cleothepatra)
IDK if anyone is checking here LOL but does anyone have any tips on exam technique eg how to structure answers to questions? my first paper was on the tudors and while the exam follows the same general structure i always feel like i have to approach this one differently
Seems really obvious. But if the question is about the war, link your points to the war.
It's way too easy to explain a factor without actually relating it to the question.
Maybe the question is about reasons for Union victory. You could go into tons of detail about the exact resource advantages, population, firearms etc. But make sure you mention exactly why greater resources contributed e.g Union could take losses that the Confederacy couldn't afford. e.g Union were able to attack on more fronts simultaneously (Virginia and Mississippi), while the Confederacy struggled to fill their defensive lines, and was forced to choose between places e.g Vicksburg was denied more reinforcements because Lee's push North (towards Gettysburg) took them all.

Make sure you talk about chronological evaluation. Was a factor more or less significant earlier or later?
e.g Resources became a bigger impact later in the war. Political compromise was harder after the Dred Scott ruling.
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How did the exam go? Hope it went well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (18)
28.57%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
49.21%
First aid skills (3)
4.76%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.59%
Sign language (8)
12.7%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.59%

Watched Threads