AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2N - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2N - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Alaina1092
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
anyone have russia 2N 2021 paper?
baekie
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
anyone got predictions for this years paper?
baekie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
feel like nobody does this paper 😭
Sarah2148
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baekie)
feel like nobody does this paper 😭
honestly! i feel that too! also i can't seem to find the 2021 2N questions anywhere?!
Alaina1092
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone have an idea what a question could be about in the 1917 section?
Jswinno
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alaina1092)
anyone have an idea what a question could be about in the 1917 section?
Thought maybe one about the causes of the revolution but one similar to that was on the 2020 paper so not sure. What do you think?
elspethmcintyre
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was thinking that too but maybe not because majority of causes of revolution are in chapter 1 and that's been taken off. maybe more about developments between revolutions or bolsheviks gaining popularity if going off advanced info? (Original post by Jswinno)
Thought maybe one about the causes of the revolution but one similar to that was on the 2020 paper so not sure. What do you think?
Jswinno
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elspethmcintyre)
I was thinking that too but maybe not because majority of causes of revolution are in chapter 1 and that's been taken off. maybe more about developments between revolutions or bolsheviks gaining popularity if going off advanced info? (Original post by Jswinno)
Oh ye, maybe something like to what extent was Lenin/Trotsky responsible for the revolution or Bolsheviks gaining power
elspethmcintyre
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah I think the role of an individual regarding revolution/power likely tbh. what factors would you use for that because only really failures of PG I can think of being the best counter argument, cant think of a solid 3rd reason
(Original post by Jswinno)
Oh ye, maybe something like to what extent was Lenin/Trotsky responsible for the revolution or Bolsheviks gaining power
Alaina1092
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elspethmcintyre)
yeah I think the role of an individual regarding revolution/power likely tbh. what factors would you use for that because only really failures of PG I can think of being the best counter argument, cant think of a solid 3rd reason
depends if you have enough info but maybe economic conditions/war or nature of dual authority (PG weak from outset compared to soviet/unpopular) or maybe even splitting Lenin and Trotsky, in the developments - but that might be hard
Alaina1092
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
does anyone think that there might be a link between economy&inudstry & the post war reconstruction bc I'm kinda confused how the last 2 bullet points would link together
Sarah2148
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alaina1092)
does anyone think that there might be a link between economy&inudstry & the post war reconstruction bc I'm kinda confused how the last 2 bullet points would link together
yeah, I was thinking about that too. maybe it could be something to do with the USSR being a superpower?
eshasohal4
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone know the as questions from this year?
antisocialdem
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sarah2148)
honestly! i feel that too! also i can't seem to find the 2021 2N questions anywhere?!
Source was NEP
Essays were post-war reconstruction, Great Terror, and October revolution/Bolshevik consolidation
baekie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
theyve asked quite alot about the second bullet point in section 6 about stalins foreign policy/international position and never about the defeat of the germans so that could be a possible essay
Last edited by baekie; 1 month ago
Jswinno
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by baekie)
theyve asked quite alot about the second bullet point in section 6 about stalins foreign policy/international position and never about the defeat of the germans so that could be a possible essay
what do you think the question would be like?
Political_Weirdo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jswinno)
what do you think the question would be like?
Well, I'm not the person you asked but for our mocks at my college we had a source question on the circumstances around the February revolution. With the other questions (relevant to what'll be on the paper as these were our mocks in November) were about war communism and about Stalin being the likely winner of the power struggle.

Each of these topics are able to come up. Imo either the February or October revolution is almost guaranteed to be on it. And I'd say something linked to Stalin's contribution to ww2 would be likely. Similarly, there has to be something on the power struggle. But this is just me being optimistic. The sources could definitely be about any of these as there's a lot to discuss BUT I would doubt there'd be a source on industrialization or collectivisation due to how the Stakhovite movement recently had a source question in 2020 so there's that. Perhaps there could be a question about "To what extent was Stalin's leadership in the 2nd world war important in the Soviet Union becoming a super power in the years between 1945-1953" which would be both awful but great at the same time. Either way, this all guess work and we're likely to be wrong.
Alaina1092
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if a qu was about the biggest cause of conflict between the USSR & West how would you split it into 3 factors?
Jswinno
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Political_Weirdo)
Well, I'm not the person you asked but for our mocks at my college we had a source question on the circumstances around the February revolution. With the other questions (relevant to what'll be on the paper as these were our mocks in November) were about war communism and about Stalin being the likely winner of the power struggle.

Each of these topics are able to come up. Imo either the February or October revolution is almost guaranteed to be on it. And I'd say something linked to Stalin's contribution to ww2 would be likely. Similarly, there has to be something on the power struggle. But this is just me being optimistic. The sources could definitely be about any of these as there's a lot to discuss BUT I would doubt there'd be a source on industrialization or collectivisation due to how the Stakhovite movement recently had a source question in 2020 so there's that. Perhaps there could be a question about "To what extent was Stalin's leadership in the 2nd world war important in the Soviet Union becoming a super power in the years between 1945-1953" which would be both awful but great at the same time. Either way, this all guess work and we're likely to be wrong.
only feb revolution is on it so itll be on that or developments between the revolution
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (64)
68.82%
In the post (3)
3.23%
Text (13)
13.98%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.98%

Watched Threads