AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2S - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2S - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
GIB12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Any predictions for what question we might get?
lilacjellyy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm not sure - i think a question on Thatcher's econ policies would deffo come up
what do you think???
Last edited by lilacjellyy; 3 weeks ago
GIB12345
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it's gonna link econ and society so something to do with miners and industry 100%. Idk how they've included tory division 97-07
Officially
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Looking at the advance information, I'd guess the source question would be on the Conservative Party in opposition 1997-2007. The source question tends to have a specific focus whilst the section B questions are broader; I don't see how they could fit that into any broader topic. One of the section B questions must be on the Wilson government '64-'70 generally, maybe something like 'To what extent had the Labour governments from 1964 modernised/transformed Britain by 1970?. There must be another one for the '50s stuff, maybe something like 'To what extent was British foreign policy successful in the years 1951-64?', although I don't see precisely how they're going to work politics into it. The other section B question must be the '80s stuff, I think GIB12345's suggestion of a question on miners and industry sounds like it's gotta be it. I guess the 1987-97 stuff could be worked into the '80s question if it focused more on the economy but that's a bit of a straggler I guess unless they could work it into the same question as the Conservative Party in opposition.
GIB12345
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thing is the 2001 election was already a source question in 2019 so idk if they'll repeat it almost exactly
GIB12345
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
And some of the section B questions have been extremely limited. Look at 2019 and 2020 and you'll see really limited questions
Officially
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
You're absolutely right about the 2001 election - especially considering it was looking specifically at the Conservative defeat. I know they really like doing source questions on elections - they did 1997 in 2018 and 2001 in 2019, but the only other election I could see fitting the advance info is the 1970 election, but that would be a bit tight in my opinion considering nothing 1970-79 is on the exam.

I think there must be at least one section B question which comes close to something on previous papers, though. The 2019 paper had Foreign policy 1956-62, Labour liberal reforms 1964-70 and Thatcher's economic policy 1983-87, which are all topics on the advance information. Might be an idea to redo/plan out answers for the 2019 paper, actually - every question on there is on the advance info!
GIB12345
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Ye I've done all those questions as practise
April TK
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Omg how was it guys?
April TK
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I did not expect the Suez crisis for the source. I predicted it was either foreign policy 1951-1970 on relationship with US or EEC or impact of Thatcher’s economic policies as the sources tend to be really specific like they had the Good Friday Agreement for one year 😂.
GIB12345
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Nice paper ngl. The source was beautiful. I did the 1970 election question which tbf I don't think I wrote too well but the tory party 97-07 question wasn't bad
April TK
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GIB12345)
Nice paper ngl. The source was beautiful. I did the 1970 election question which tbf I don't think I wrote too well but the tory party 97-07 question wasn't bad
I agree! Even though I didn’t expected the source to be on Suez, it went well! I also think all the essay questions were accessible. I liked all of it. I was worried to death last night if Northern Ireland came up. A bit annoyed that I couldn’t talk about liberal legislation. I think they mentioned a lot more than needed in the advance info for the 1960s and 50s to revise for. But oh well, I suppose they don’t want to make it too obvious.
Last edited by April TK; 2 weeks ago
sean37
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
THE easiest history exams in the last 5 years. It was shockingly easy, the Thatcher economy question was laughably simple, along with the trade union question being one of the most basic questions to ever exist. I only switched to history in November, but this is surely one of the easiest A-levels available. The source question was so easy I actually accidentally fell asleep for 18 minutes and it was only someone's phone going off in the exam hall that woke me up. I still finished the exam 10 minutes before the end. My History teacher said he would expect a B to be over 65% due to how easy these exam questions were.
Last edited by sean37; 2 weeks ago
S2911
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sean37)
THE easiest history exams in the last 5 years. It was shockingly easy, the Thatcher economy question was laughably simple, along with the trade union question being one of the most basic questions to ever exist. I only switched to history in November, but this is surely one of the easiest A-levels available. The source question was so easy I actually accidentally fell asleep for 18 minutes and it was only someone's phone going off in the exam hall that woke me up. I still finished the exam 10 minutes before the end. My History teacher said he would expect a B to be over 65% due to how easy these exam questions were.
Wow looks like you revised a lot! I hope you do well. Btw what do u think an a* will be?
S2911
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Mate, if im being completely honest I don't think you have any chance of getting an A*. A* grade is predicted to be around 85-90%. Honestly, unless you go to a fee paying grammar school like I do, then you have effectively 0 chance at getting an A*. Not trying to be rude, but you probably lack some form of intelligence if you aren't in a private school like I am.
Calm down mate not everyone that goes to a private school gets an a* stop thinking that you have privilege. You're probably only saying this because you paid off the examiner before
sean37
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by S2911)
Calm down mate not everyone that goes to a private school gets an a* stop thinking that you have privilege. You're probably only saying this because you paid off the examiner before
Honestly mate, I'm just keeping it real. My response to Thatcher economy question was likely 25/25 and due to your likely poor upbringings, you just don't know Thatcher like I do.
S2911
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly mate, I'm just keeping it real. My response to Thatcher economy question was likely 25/25 and due to your likely poor upbringings, you just don't know Thatcher like I do.
Ok mate. Can't wait for you to get 3 U's in your exams and for you to heading to the job centre.
emmaaaaadixon
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys so I’m really panicking right now because I used the word “bias” in my source question. I know I’m not supposed to but I’m predicted an A* and wondered if this single word throws out my whole chance of getting that grade or not.
GIB12345
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by emmaaaaadixon)
Hey guys so I’m really panicking right now because I used the word “bias” in my source question. I know I’m not supposed to but I’m predicted an A* and wondered if this single word throws out my whole chance of getting that grade or not.
Using bias isn't bad 🤣
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (57)
26.51%
As I expected (68)
31.63%
Harder (82)
38.14%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.72%

Watched Threads