The Student Room Group

International Student Help please! I'm begging lol

I am starting my studies at Cambridge on October 1st. I'd really appreciate any advice as to: 1) when should I come to Cambridge to secure a flat, 2) should I be closer to my MPhil buildings (Development Studies) or to my college (Girton), 3) what are the best areas of Cambridge to live in? Thank you :smile:
Hi! I am starting in October too hopefully!! as far as accom goes, I believe we will get offered places in halls. I think you say what price you're willing to pay and then get allocated a room. Although I am a home student so maybe it's different? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Bethanybarratt
Hi! I am starting in October too hopefully!! as far as accom goes, I believe we will get offered places in halls. I think you say what price you're willing to pay and then get allocated a room. Although I am a home student so maybe it's different? :smile:

I just didn't want to live in a hall lol that's why I'm a bit confused :smile: Sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I was looking for private accommodations.

Thank you for your help btw!
Original post by rilakkumama
I just didn't want to live in a hall lol that's why I'm a bit confused :smile: Sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I was looking for private accommodations.

And that's why it's recommended that students live in College, especially overseas students.

https://www.accommodation.cam.ac.uk/
Original post by threeportdrift
And that's why it's recommended that students live in College, especially overseas students.

https://www.accommodation.cam.ac.uk/

gotcha thank you!
Original post by rilakkumama

Ahh okie, I didn’t know you had the option to not live in halls tbh 🤣🤣🤣 but I heard Girton is quite far out from everything so ig maybe somewhere in the middle of girton and everything else?
Ahh okie, I didn’t know you had the option to not live in halls tbh 🤣🤣🤣 but I heard Girton is quite far out from everything so ig maybe somewhere in the middle of girton and everything else?

i just kind of assumed that we could because we are grad students LOL may I ask what program you are in?

Quick Reply