The Student Room Group

Do you believe in God?

Hey! Im bored and just wanted to know more about peoples religious beliefs. Go ahead and tell ur story!

Scroll to see replies

Yes
Reply 2
I do
Reply 3
I do
Yes.
Reply 5
Original post by FionaAAAAAA
Hey! Im bored and just wanted to know more about peoples religious beliefs. Go ahead and tell ur story!

Yeah (Christian) but i certainly don’t live life by the book. Mainly because I’m only Christian because it’s just how most of my family is. Every time I’ve gone to church it’s just been to see my friends and family who live far away tbh
Nope. Raised in a muslim family (tho not very religious but my country was lol), had mandatory religion lessons all my life and I always knew I didnt believe it like all my life. I didnt tell ppl til I was 12 cuz I was scared they’d judge me (most of my friends did at the time) but now I’m pretty open about it. I dont care if people do but I personally dont. And now where I live most people dont either so I finally dont feel weird abt it.
thanks for sharing guys! I just like to know peoples take on belief in God and like the reasons for why and why not. If anyone posts, tell more about your background and perhaps your family beliefs if you feel comfortable!!
not usually
- raised atheist but culturally christian + had very catholic extended family
when i feel like **** its easier to believe in god.
(edited 2 years ago)
Nope, never have. I wasn't raised in a religion or with a belief in any higher powers/spirituality and this has stayed the same into adulthood.
Yes but not a religious God
Yes.
Yes, it’s because the Big Bang must’ve started from somewhere right? And sometimes I have this special feeling where I do believe there is someone up there.
@QE2 would have loved this thread
No.
I see no convincing evidence for the existence of a god and haven't grown up in a religious environment.
Reply 15
Yes I believe in God... cause I am God.
nope! i was raised with a weird blend of atheist/christianity on my dad's side, and judaism on my mum's side - so we'd do passover and hannukah (with a religious element), but also christmas and get easter eggs (no religious element at all.)

i have never found any belief in or connection to god, however for me what shattered any illusion of god/credibility of my predominant religion was (and i mean no offence by this), the story of the ghost of elijah at seder.

long story short, a ghost named elijah visits your home during passover and my uncle would take a glass of wine to the door, and return with it empty as 'elijah had drunken it.' it was obvious to me, even as a child, that my uncle had drunken it, not a ghost. this simple action broke down my whole perception of the religion - if the ghost of elijah wasn't real then who's to say the rest of it was?
Reply 17
Original post by dellam8
nope! i was raised with a weird blend of atheist/christianity on my dad's side, and judaism on my mum's side - so we'd do passover and hannukah (with a religious element), but also christmas and get easter eggs (no religious element at all.)

i have never found any belief in or connection to god, however for me what shattered any illusion of god/credibility of my predominant religion was (and i mean no offence by this), the story of the ghost of elijah at seder.

long story short, a ghost named elijah visits your home during passover and my uncle would take a glass of wine to the door, and return with it empty as 'elijah had drunken it.' it was obvious to me, even as a child, that my uncle had drunken it, not a ghost. this simple action broke down my whole perception of the religion - if the ghost of elijah wasn't real then who's to say the rest of it was?

Isnt Easter when Jesus died?
agnostic
Reply 19
Original post by j25_8
Isnt Easter when Jesus died?

Yes but Easter eggs have nothing to do with that

Quick Reply

Latest