The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

LSE Or Warwick

Hi,
I currently hold offers from both LSE (Maths and Economics) and Warwick (Maths). I am however very unsure of which one I should firm. I want to go into finance for sure in the future but I’m unsure if I want to try and go down the typical IB route or if I want to try for a more quant role at somewhere like Jane Street. I personally like both courses equally for different reasons I’m just primarily concerned that picking e.g. LSE may kill any chances I could have had at breaking into the quant side of finance. I would really appreciate any advice that could be offered regarding my situation.
Kind Regards
Tom
im in a similar position to deciding between lse and Warwick
for economic history and geography at LSE or Econ, politics and International studies at Warwick. Does anyone have any advice?
If your goal is to get into the IB, you should choose LSE, not Warwick. Another advantage of LSE is the location, your chances of getting an IB internship are much higher in London than Warwick. Leading IBs always prefer graduates with internship experience in their companies.
Original post by blade000
If your goal is to get into the IB, you should choose LSE, not Warwick. Another advantage of LSE is the location, your chances of getting an IB internship are much higher in London than Warwick. Leading IBs always prefer graduates with internship experience in their companies.

This thread is over a year old. Please don't bump old threads.

Also Warwick and Imperial are both target universities for investment banks and are equally recruited from both. LSE is not "preferred" to Warwick for that purpose.

Latest