The Student Room Group

NHS Wales funding

Hey,

I'm really confused on what to do. So basically, I currently have an offer for Paramedic Science at Swansea University. The NHS bursary available in Wales gives you a lot less funding (I would get the maximum) and you have to commit to working in Wales for 2 years after. The commitment wouldn't be a problem if the funding was higher.

This means I've opted for the standard Student Finance package, which gives me a lot more.

Now the issue is, I have offers for the same course at Keele and Greenwich. Both English universities offer the £5000 non-repayable NHS grant each year which is a huge amount that can go towards so much and would mean I wouldn't have to get a job (like I would have to in Swansea) on top of an already intense course.

I have my heart set on Swansea but I just can't ignore the £15,000 available at the other universities.

Just need a second opinion really, what would you do/where would you go?
Reply 1
Original post by Sayfw
Hey,

I'm really confused on what to do. So basically, I currently have an offer for Paramedic Science at Swansea University. The NHS bursary available in Wales gives you a lot less funding (I would get the maximum) and you have to commit to working in Wales for 2 years after. The commitment wouldn't be a problem if the funding was higher.

This means I've opted for the standard Student Finance package, which gives me a lot more.

Now the issue is, I have offers for the same course at Keele and Greenwich. Both English universities offer the £5000 non-repayable NHS grant each year which is a huge amount that can go towards so much and would mean I wouldn't have to get a job (like I would have to in Swansea) on top of an already intense course.

I have my heart set on Swansea but I just can't ignore the £15,000 available at the other universities.

Just need a second opinion really, what would you do/where would you go?

If i was in your position I would first think “Am I able to gather the rest of the money needed to complete the fee without overstressing myself which will end up affected my studies and not enjoy the course” if the answer is yes then I would say go for Swansea, however if the answer is No then you will have to consider the other universities unless Swansea has something that the other universities don't have educationally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending