Edexcel A level chemistry 2022

Watch this thread
Stressedouttt
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
On the 2022 topic list transition metals isn’t listed so should I spend my time learning the topic as the equations and different colours is a lot to learn however it links with many other topics like redox and organic chemistry. I’m unsure of what to do. Also is the topic list what will come up in the exam or just a guide?
Aleksander Krol
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Stressedouttt)
On the 2022 topic list transition metals isn’t listed so should I spend my time learning the topic as the equations and different colours is a lot to learn however it links with many other topics like redox and organic chemistry. I’m unsure of what to do. Also is the topic list what will come up in the exam or just a guide?
Are you talking about AS or A2?
If you're in AS, then transition metals is a topic deeply studied in A2.
But you'll be expected to know some basics things about them. Like their oxidation state varies and that they form coloured compounds. Also the electronic configuration Copper and Chromium, since their electronic configuration is slightly different than other atoms'.

Yes, they are a guide to your revisions. They just tell you which topics to focus more on to help you out with revisions. But it doesn't mean there won't be any questions out of that list.
Stressedouttt
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Aleksander Krol)
Are you talking about AS or A2?
If you're in AS, then transition metals is a topic deeply studied in A2.
But you'll be expected to know some basics things about them. Like their oxidation state varies and that they form coloured compounds. Also the electronic configuration Copper and Chromium, since their electronic configuration is slightly different than other atoms'.

Yes, they are a guide to your revisions. They just tell you which topics to focus more on to help you out with revisions. But it doesn't mean there won't be any questions out of that list.
Thank you for your reply !! I’m talking about the A2 topic list as I’m sitting the final exam for A level Edexcel chemistry this year. Would you advise me thoroughly going over every topic in the specification or only focus on the list ?
Aleksander Krol
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Stressedouttt)
Thank you for your reply !! I’m talking about the A2 topic list as I’m sitting the final exam for A level Edexcel chemistry this year. Would you advise me thoroughly going over every topic in the specification or only focus on the list ?
you should focus on the topics listed in revision guideline more as they it is confirmed that questions based on those topics will appear. but along those listed topics, you should also go through other topics.
Stressedouttt
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Aleksander Krol)
you should focus on the topics listed in revision guideline more as they it is confirmed that questions based on those topics will appear. but along those listed topics, you should also go through other topics.
Thank you very much that makes sense !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads