Harrysja
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Name:  F8F3527D-8DC4-4F76-84F8-84740D91926D.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  42.5 KBHi

Would both of these be correct for the structural diagram for propene for gcse Aqa chemistryName:  312AC3CC-B29A-4514-8A8B-354CE79EA309.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  17.2 KB
Last edited by Harrysja; 4 months ago
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Harrysja)
Name:  F8F3527D-8DC4-4F76-84F8-84740D91926D.jpeg
Views: 16
Size:  42.5 KBHi

Would both of these be correct for the structural diagram for propene for gcse Aqa chemistry
Either one should be fine, it’s just the molecule has been rotated and the orientation of the first two hydrogen atoms is different.

If you do A levels you will learn about sigma bond and Pi bonds. Sigma bonds are the single bonds, and these can rotate. Whilst the Pi bond, the double bond, cannot.
Last edited by ShadowHokage; 4 months ago
Harrysja
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
It’s just that on aqa gcse chemistry spec it doesn’t say anything about the rotated one
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Harrysja)
It’s just that on aqa gcse chemistry spec it doesn’t say anything about the rotated one
I don’t see why they won’t give you the mark, I do A level (OCR A) and in fact sometimes you get molecules given in weird rotations to catch you out!

Maybe send your teacher an email, but it should be fine like I said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
67.52%
In the post (5)
4.27%
Text (15)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.38%

Watched Threads