The Student Room Group

Award-winning game soundtracks (Gameplay with Baby Queen)

Apparently the BAFTA game awards only started in 2004, which put me at a huge disadvantage when trying to find out whether any games I like won or got nominated for their soundtracks! But after trawling Wikipedia, one nominee from 2006 stood out: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Which is currently on giveaway to those with an Amazon Prime account, in case that's of interest to anyone reading this!

[video="youtube;s9L9sNtv1-g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9L9sNtv1-g[/video]

What are your favourite award-winning soundtracks? Or are there any you think deserve an award, but didn't get one? Post away~
(edited 2 years ago)
Due to the suggestion for future episodes of gameplay: are there restrictions to periods of time? I want to use this place here to suggest soundtracks.
Original post by Kallisto
Due to the suggestion for future episodes of gameplay: are there restrictions to periods of time? I want to use this place here to suggest soundtracks.

No time limits as far as I am aware!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
No time limits as far as I am aware!

I can even suggest and send soundtracks from old videogames they were made in 80s and 90s? cool!
About to start this episode now! :biggrin:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Waltzing on Rooftops and Cobblestones: Great start, and apparently this was only a nominee!

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - An Early Harvest: ...okay, I can see why this one beat it!

Hellblade - The Northmen: Sounds similar to the Ravnican guild themes on MTG Arena. I like.

Cuphead - Dramatic Fanatic: Talk about a jarring transition! :laugh: Fantastic jazz tune, I need to play Cuphead one day.

God of War - Deliverance: Definitely sounds like Norse-inspired fantasy, not bad (and by not bad I mean literally award winning... but I preferred Cuphead).

Celeste - Scattered And Lost: First one that I probably wouldn't listen to in its own right, personally. Likely much better in game as BGM.

Disco Elysium - Instruments of Surrender: Different, really liked it. And not disco, which surprises me no matter how many times the title shows up in Gameplay tracklists. :laugh:

Outer Wilds - 14.3 Billion Years: Beautiful.

Wattam - The Royals: Very fun. :biggrin:

Hades - The King and the Bull: It's Darren Korb. Of course it's awesome (I do prefer Bastion's OST, but that's likely just nostalgia).

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - Culmination at Corson V: Almost sounds like a Star Wars track - that's a good thing.

Very good episode, as you'd hope from award winning and nominated soundtracks. My only criticism is the decision to start with 2016 and work forwards, missing out on over a decade of winners, but I guess they had to narrow down the list somehow.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest