Too much evaluation in psychology a level

Watch this thread
ssokka
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i have exams coming up in 3 weeks, there is so much A03 i just dont know what to do. I dont know how to memorise it all. and the thing is to get higher grades in 16 markers you have to include studies in your evaluation but there is so so so much for each subtopic and there are 4 topics on my whole exam AGHGGBH. help.
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ssokka)
i have exams coming up in 3 weeks, there is so much A03 i just dont know what to do. I dont know how to memorise it all. and the thing is to get higher grades in 16 markers you have to include studies in your evaluation but there is so so so much for each subtopic and there are 4 topics on my whole exam AGHGGBH. help.
Memorise the key points for each study and maybe for the studies used as evidence for theory can act as a cue to remember the evaluation like if a study states its in America for example you know that it would have cultural bias which lowers its ecological validity, or if study was conducted in (1974) you can remember this as a cue for being outdated and society's view on this may change now which lowers the real life application or validity of the study. The study could be supporting evidence showing there's a cause and effect or correlation between two variables also. If you also have a counterpoint this is also helpful as it shows you're analysing the evaluation also boosting you to the A/A* band, a counterpoint could be that the supporting evidence of the study uses an artificial task which is reflective of real life and can't be applied to real life as behaviour may differ in the real life tasks. Hope this helps
ssokka
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by IDK.345)
Memorise the key points for each study and maybe for the studies used as evidence for theory can act as a cue to remember the evaluation like if a study states its in America for example you know that it would have cultural bias which lowers its ecological validity, or if study was conducted in (1974) you can remember this as a cue for being outdated and society's view on this may change now which lowers the real life application or validity of the study. The study could be supporting evidence showing there's a cause and effect or correlation between two variables also. If you also have a counterpoint this is also helpful as it shows you're analysing the evaluation also boosting you to the A/A* band, a counterpoint could be that the supporting evidence of the study uses an artificial task which is reflective of real life and can't be applied to real life as behaviour may differ in the real life tasks. Hope this helps
it really does !!! thank you so much! i’ll definitely try using cues!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I used to use the 'PERVERT' method for (some) evaluation of studies

Practical
Ethical
Reliability
Validity
Evidence
Representativeness
Theoretical

Also try and bring in debates and issues (nature vs. nurture, free will vs. determinism, reductionism vs. holism etc.)
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
THE aCRONYM NOOO Noodlzzz
Last edited by CatInTheCorner; 2 months ago
Noodlzzz
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
THE aCRONYM NOOO Noodlzzz
what's wrong with it?
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
what's wrong with it?
I'm just imagining writing it on the exam paper on the side to help you structure your answer, and the examiner being so confused lol. It's like the dear king philip came over for gay s*x one, boy is it helpful but I do wonder what the examiner thought!
Noodlzzz
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
I'm just imagining writing it on the exam paper on the side to help you structure your answer, and the examiner being so confused lol. It's like the dear king philip came over for gay s*x one, boy is it helpful but I do wonder what the examiner thought!
yes that could end up... interesting
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
yes that could end up... interesting
A friend wrote it on their GCSE and I would pay so much money to see that examiner's face!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads