The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton accommodation

Hey guys! I got an offer to study at the university of Southampton and im going through the accommodation process now. I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation of which halls to choose as a 1year student. (im stuck between Southampton crossings and Brunswick)
Reply 1
Original post by mari_rodriguez
Hey guys! I got an offer to study at the university of Southampton and im going through the accommodation process now. I was wondering if any of you had a recommendation of which halls to choose as a 1year student. (im stuck between Southampton crossings and Brunswick)

Hi. I’m trying to apply for accommodation but can’t find my Southampton ID on any of my emails. Where did you find yours?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

These are private halls but hopefully someone else can help you, I would also recommend looking at UoS halls :smile: I was in chamberlain in my first year and enjoyed my time there. Mayflower is also nice (two of the newer builds).
Original post by Gemini50
Hi. I’m trying to apply for accommodation but can’t find my Southampton ID on any of my emails. Where did you find yours?

"Student ID: This is an 8 digit number. It will have been issued to you in your offer to study letter. It is not the same as your UCAS application ID." :smile: should be in your offer email.

Hi @mari_rodriguez,

It is great to hear you got an offer to study at Southampton!

As others have already said, it would be worth looking at university owned halls as well as private halls so you can judge which one would be best suited to yourself. I stayed in Glen Eyre halls which is a university owned halls of residence and is a short walk away from Highfield Campus. Avenue campus is also nearby so you can reach that by walking or taking the bus. Other campuses that are further out such as NOCS are easily accessible by the frequent bus links, with stops being conveniently close to Glen.

I personally really enjoyed my time in halls, I was in a flat of six people and I opted for an en-suite instead of a shared bathroom. My room was really big with lots of desk and storage space, so it was a really nice place to study and relax. I also really loved the green space within the complex that meant when it got warmer you could study outside, and it was a short walk from the Southampton common as well which is ideal for mid-study breaks, picnics with friends etc.

When I was in my first year, first year students staying in halls were given a bus pass as a part of the accommodation package, which meant that any stress or worries I may have had about travelling around the city were immediately alleviated. I would recommend double checking with the accommodation team to clarify that this is still included in the accommodation package, as things are subject to change.

Choosing halls really depends on what you think would suit you best. Mayflower halls is perfect for anyone who enjoys living closer to the hustle and bustle of the city and Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane are great options for those who enjoy living a little further out of the city (but are still able to access it really easily).

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away.

Jasmine (an Official University of Southampton Rep):smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending