The Student Room Group

Who is going to happen to me when she dies? Ill be all alone

My mother says that i need to collect all my stuff from her my birth certificate, etc from her. She says what happens when she will die and that I have to collect them from my brother whom i can’t stand and have not spoken to in 13 years. I have asked her if she is going to die and she says i could do “I am old now.” She’s 66 with a heart condition, which means she can’t walk well anymore..

I dont speak to any of my siblings apart my sister— I have 6. I speak to my two brothers but we have had a massive falling out..

I grew up in a deprived area of Birmingham flitted between council estates.. I now live a middle class existence, but I am unmarried autistic and have a long term health condition..
Reply 1
Anyone,,
bump
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
bump

What
It's not nice to think about a parent dying, but given that you don't apparently live with your mum now, I'm not sure what you think will happen to you. Nothing will happen to you.

You really should have control of your own paperwork, though - you should have had it as soon as you stopped living at home. I suggest you go pick it up from your mum when it's convenient for both of you.
Reply 5
Original post by skylark2
It's not nice to think about a parent dying, but given that you don't apparently live with your mum now, I'm not sure what you think will happen to you. Nothing will happen to you.

You really should have control of your own paperwork, though - you should have had it as soon as you stopped living at home. I suggest you go pick it up from your mum when it's convenient for both of you.

I’m just thinking of the longer term implications of her death
Your mother is right that you will have to collect all your paperwork and other items that she is storing for you soon.
If only to ensure that they do not fall into the hands of third-parties who come to her home and find them.
Try to focus on all the positives in your life, your ambitions, favourite hobbies and keep working towards building the future life that you want.

Do you prefer to have no contact with any of your siblings?
Are you happily single or hoping to find a partner soon?
Do you have an active social life and strong support network?
What are you ambitions over the next 2-20 years?

I understand some of how you feel although I don't have siblings.
I am a 27 year old happily single female and have lived alone for many years.
I have 3 surviving ancestors; all of whom are toxic extremely controlling noise nuisances that I avoid like the plague, along with their vile pals.
Maternal grandmother is in her 80s and both parents are older than 62 with hereditary health problems.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending