The Student Room Group

who do i vote? Elections in a few

I like how this country was about 6 years ago, regarding, Uni loads ect, funding of schools, NHS, benefits all that. Correctly don't like how it is now. So, who do i vote for? My first time voting

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Alba?
The Official Monster Raving Loony Party, they are openly crazy and always honest about it. :biggrin:
I’m abstaining in the next election so far. I will not vote conservative as long as that clown is still in charge, and I’d rather sell an organ than vote Labour.
Original post by imlikeahermit
I’m abstaining in the next election so far. I will not vote conservative as long as that clown is still in charge, and I’d rather sell an organ than vote Labour.

If I were able to vote in the next election I'd vote for conservative (even with boris in charge) because they are the lesser of 2 evils.
Reply 5

Surely you've other options running?
Reply 6
Original post by sufys
If I were able to vote in the next election I'd vote for conservative (even with boris in charge) because they are the lesser of 2 evils.

Not sure how much influence Bojo has on councillors, can't imagine it would be much.
Original post by sufys

I want to vote left, however Labour has moved too right so just completely lost
Original post by standardolo

Labour?
Moved right?
What?
Original post by sufys
Labour?
Moved right?
What?

yeah i believe Starmer is more Centrist than Center - left to left where i want it to be
Reply 10
Original post by standardolo

Agree.
Reply 11
Britain is as bad as the US for Democracy.. two parties who are nearly identical

Look at France, you got Macron, Le Pen, Jean-Luc Mélenchon.. two of those frontrunners are very different to your typical Western elite politician.
Reply 12
Original post by Lobero
Britain is as bad as the US for Democracy.. two parties who are nearly identical

Look at France, you got Macron, Le Pen, Jean-Luc Mélenchon.. two of those frontrunners are very different to your typical Western elite politician.

That's not true, councils are made up of representatives of 14 political parties and over 2,500 independents.
Reply 13
Original post by Jellybish
Tory party anti-White globalist scum..

No different than Labour really.

If war breaks out, I hope they don't expect me to be drafted. Why would I fight for a country who is anti my people? they're the one's guilty of treason, for long ago the elites betrayed White British people. They want me to die against Russia? forget it.

As far as I'm concerned the British government are our enemy.

I dont think councils have army's to draft you to.
Original post by Quady
Surely you've other options running?

Absolutely not. I would be cert conservative without that muppet in charge.
Reply 15
Absolutely not. I would be cert conservative without that muppet in charge.

wow you only have two candidates

Mad stuff, why don't you run?

*edit, realise you've missed the cut off now, but why didn't you? Did you think there would be other candidates?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Quady
wow you only have two candidates

Mad stuff, why don't you run?

*edit, realise you've missed the cut off now, but why didn't you? Did you think there would be other candidates?

Do you mean in general? I mean we’re basically in a two party state anyway, unless you have some preconceived idea about a Lib Dem resurgence.
Reply 17
Do you mean in general? I mean we’re basically in a two party state anyway, unless you have some preconceived idea about a Lib Dem resurgence.

At a state level yes

Well there are over 2,500 independent councillors, ie well over 10% of the total. Don't need to be aligned to a party. There are more independent councillors than Lib Dems for example and more than a third of the number of Conservatives.
Original post by Quady
At a state level yes

Well there are over 2,500 independent councillors, ie well over 10% of the total. Don't need to be aligned to a party. There are more independent councillors than Lib Dems for example and more than a third of the number of Conservatives.

That has historically surprised me that the Lib Dems have been able to do much better at local level than National. I’ve noted that before. Why do you think this is? Just out of interest?
That has historically surprised me that the Lib Dems have been able to do much better at local level than National. I’ve noted that before. Why do you think this is? Just out of interest?

FPTP forcing tactical voting and lower turnout meaning a higher proportion of middle class folk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending