The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Health Medicine and Society MPhil at Cambridge

Hello everyone!

I am a current medical student hoping to intercalate in the HMS programme at Cambridge in the next academic year. I was hoping to get more insight into the application process, especially as a medical student who is still an undergraduate. My main concern is that because my course is so clinical, I don't have any samples of work that would be on the level of a dissertation, but I have always enjoyed essay writing but am just unsure of what to do.

I would love to hear from any past alumni or prospective students who have applied for MPhils so please let me know!

Hi,

Which year are you in? I am would like to do the same at the end of next year (2nd year), if my uni allows me. Are you at the end of 3rd year, if so, how do you feel applying after one year of clinical studies (end of year 2 makes more sense for me, as there is a clear divide between clinical studies and pre-clinical studies)

Following the thread!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by drriz786
Hi,

Which year are you in? I am would like to do the same at the end of next year (2nd year), if my uni allows me. Are you at the end of 3rd year, if so, how do you feel applying after one year of clinical studies (end of year 2 makes more sense for me, as there is a clear divide between clinical studies and pre-clinical studies)

Following the thread!

Hi,

I am currently in 3rd year and I would hope to intercalate before the start of 5th year because my public health rotation is in 4th year and I wanted to complete that before thinking to apply to this course as my dissertation idea is related to public health.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending