The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City, University of London

Hey, is there anyone who is going to City, university of London as an undergrad in sep 2022? I am going however i'll have to move to a completely different city and i wanted to know if anyone else is going to be in the same position as me.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, is there anyone who is going to City, university of London as an undergrad in sep 2022? I am going however i'll have to move to a completely different city and i wanted to know if anyone else is going to be in the same position as me.

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

Congratulations for receiving an offer! What course did you apply for?

There will be many students who will be moving to a different city so you will not be the only person. I can recommend a couple of things:
1) Write a post or comment in our official City, University thread to find other students who are in the same position as you
2) Make use of freshers week when the time comes

Freshers week is there for you to make new friends whether that is from people on your course or from a different course. Our Students Union provides different events to meet new people. For example, during my freshers week, the Students Union had organised a boat party. This allowed a lot of students to meet new people from different backgrounds.

If you are staying in accommodation then you will meet people who are moving new into the city so they will be in the same boat as you. This is a chance to meet new people and make friends.

Societies are another great way to meet new people. Make use of the freshers fair to see which society you are interested in and join them. They will usually have some sort of welcome events for first years to meet other students.

Hope this helps.

Anisa
Final Year LLB Law Student
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Hello, I hope you are well! My name is Abida and I am an official Economics Student Representative at City, University of London.

A huge congratulations on receiving an offer to join us at City, University of London! We cannot wait to welcome you.

I understand that moving to a different city can be quite nerve-wracking, but there will be many students in a similar position to you so you will not be the only person. I can recommend making use of fresher's week when you start and joining societies.
Freshers week is a great way for you to make new friends, whether that is from people on your course or from a different course. Our Students Union provides different activities to meet new people. Societies also help to meet new people with the same interests as you, as there are plenty of societies to choose from. Make use of the freshers fair to see which society you are interested in to join - this could be career interest, hobbies of similar interest, etc. Societies usually have welcome events for first years to meet other students, and plenty of events throughout - so there are always opportunities.

Please let me know if you had any other questions about studying at City, University of London and I would be happy to answer any questions. I wish you all the very best in your future studies here! :smile:

Kindest regards,
Abida
Official Economics Student Representative
City, University of London
Reply 3
Are u planning on staying in an accommodation

Hey, I'm planning on firming City to study law... what course are you doing?

Idk if I'll be firming it yet but it's one of my top choices! I applied to business wbu?

hey i am moving from newcastle so it’s quite far! pm me and we can exchange sc or something cuz i’m worried about friends !
Reply 7
Hey, i firmed city for business and management
I'm an international student so it's a whole new country for me!😄
Original post by anAACS
Are u planning on staying in an accommodation

Yeah, I will be. I’m on stuck on what accom to pick
Original post by Khaira19
Yeah, I will be. I’m on stuck on what accom to pick

i picked cross court :smile:
Original post by jxnna01
i picked cross court :smile:

Have you been for a viewing in person?
Any idea which accomodation is popular among the business students?
Anyone studying law?
Original post by emmaaaaadixon
Anyone studying law?

I'll be a second-year law student by the time you join, but here! :wavey:

Quick Reply

Latest