The Student Room Group

How long does it take to get a house viewing appointment?

Like to look around a house when you're looking to buy? It's not likely to be straight away on the day you phone asking for a viewing is it? Well I'm hoping it isn't cos I take around an hour to get ready to go out so if it's booked straight away then I don't know how I'll make the viewing. I hope it's the next day or in the afternoon so I can be told there's a viewing and can get ready in time.
Thats very cool. I hope there is a viewing for tomorrow
Reply 2
It can be on the same day; it depends on the sellers as well as the potential buyers.

Also, remember you may not be the only one interested, so if you delay too much someone could be putting in an offer before you've even been for a viewing.
It depends on the estate agent, seller, how much interest the property has attracted and if the sellers want a quick sale.

In my experience pre-covid it usually took 18-48 hours to get a physical viewing on weekdays, unless seller were willing to offer an evening viewing option.
Plenty of estate agents do try to vet potential buyers in line with seller instructions to avoid giving viewings to those who are timewasters not looking to buy or individuals that do want to buy but don't have access to any funds to pay the deposit let alone the price that the seller is looking for.
Reply 4
Original post by soulthehate
Thats very cool. I hope there is a viewing for tomorrow

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
It can be on the same day; it depends on the sellers as well as the potential buyers.

Also, remember you may not be the only one interested, so if you delay too much someone could be putting in an offer before you've even been for a viewing.

Thanks, will I need to wear a face covering during the viewing?
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the estate agent, seller, how much interest the property has attracted and if the sellers want a quick sale.

In my experience pre-covid it usually took 18-48 hours to get a physical viewing on weekdays, unless seller were willing to offer an evening viewing option.
Plenty of estate agents do try to vet potential buyers in line with seller instructions to avoid giving viewings to those who are timewasters not looking to buy or individuals that do want to buy but don't have access to any funds to pay the deposit let alone the price that the seller is looking for.

Thanks, we've managed to get a viewing for this week. Will I need to wear a face covering?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, we've managed to get a viewing for this week. Will I need to wear a face covering?

Probably not.
But it is best for each of you to carry one with you just in case the specific seller or estate agent has a policy/preference to conduct viewings with everyone wearing one.
Original post by Anonymous
Like to look around a house when you're looking to buy? It's not likely to be straight away on the day you phone asking for a viewing is it? Well I'm hoping it isn't cos I take around an hour to get ready to go out so if it's booked straight away then I don't know how I'll make the viewing. I hope it's the next day or in the afternoon so I can be told there's a viewing and can get ready in time.

You can get a viewing as early as the same day, but it's best to arrange a time that's best between you and the estate agent.

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending