The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

NCH Freshers 2022

Is there anyone here that will firm / has firmed the New College of the Humanities for September 2022 start?

- I will firm my unconditional place for BA History with Politics and IR!
Don't touch NCH.

Its a weird private-style set up by a disaffected Oxford philosopher and has no academic reputaiton at at all.
Its now owned by Northeastern Ltd., a subsidiary of Northeastern University, a private American research university.
It has only 300 undergrad students and no traditional University facilities.
Go somewhere else.
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Don't touch NCH.

Its a weird private-style set up by a disaffected Oxford philosopher and has no academic reputaiton at at all.
Its now owned by Northeastern Ltd., a subsidiary of Northeastern University, a private American research university.
It has only 300 undergrad students and no traditional University facilities.
Go somewhere else.

I didn’t ask for your thoughts on NCH, simply asking around for any prospective freshers.

Personally, the university is right for me. Yes, it’s different to that of a normal Russell group but what stood out to me was the academic rigour and the size of the lectures. I would find it isolating in a bigger institution so, for me NCH is better fitted. Plus, it’s not the institution, it’s what you do with the knowledge from that institution that gets you employed. At the end of the day, we all start somewhere. So, think wisely about your next words on someone’s forum.
Reply 3
Original post by nevecait18
Is there anyone here that will firm / has firmed the New College of the Humanities for September 2022 start?

Hi, I have accepted my offer to NCH as well. I'm so excited to start. :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I have also received an offer at NCH for 2022 and have already accepted. Can't wait to start.
Hi,

Are NCH still accepting applications? As far as I'm aware they do them on a rolling basis. But would I be too late to apply?
Reply 6

Im firming my offer :smile:
Reply 7
If you are applying via UCAS it could be considered too late. But if you just apply directly to them via their website you should be fine. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by laurelheaven
I've got my interview today! actually crapping myself

How did it go?
Reply 9

Hey I'm a first year student. Have you sorted out accomodation and what's your story etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending