The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

dental development programme Portsmouth

Hi ! I’m applying for the DDP at Portsmouth uni in hope to go onto the hygiene therapy course next September. Anyone applied for this course or had an interview for it ? If so what does the interview entail ? I’ve been a dental nurse 11 years , am a mature student and really want to give myself the best chance . Heard it’s extremely competitive !

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I've got an offer, I'm really happy!! How did it go for you? I hope you got one too.
It would be amazing to hear from previous students and their experiences on the course. Xx
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Hey ! I also got offered a place I’m so happy ! Are you doing hygiene after the Ddp or hygiene therapy ? X
Original post by Dentalnurseh95
Hey ! I also got offered a place I’m so happy ! Are you doing hygiene after the Ddp or hygiene therapy ? X

Congratulations!! I'm doing Dental Hygiene afterwards, how about you?
Have you heard from them since being accepted? Xx
Original post by Leti8787

Ah same ! No I haven’t , have you ? Xx

Congratulations also! I’m so excited ! Let me know if you have Instagram / Facebook :smile: x
Original post by Dentalnurseh95

I've been given a conditional offer for hygiene and therapy
Original post by Anonymous
I've been given a conditional offer for hygiene and therapy

Congratulations!! It's so exciting!! I can't wait to start now. Where abouts do you live? Xx
Congratulations!! It's so exciting!! I can't wait to start now. Where abouts do you live? Xx

I live in London, how about yourself? I wouldn't move to Portsmouth until actual uni in September though - is this what everyone else is doing too?
I live in London, how about yourself? I wouldn't move to Portsmouth until actual uni in September though - is this what everyone else is doing too?

And thank youuuuu, congratulations to you too ! x

I live in Chichester so I'll be commuting everyday. I guess for you it makes more sense to move closer like you said. Xx
I live in Chichester so I'll be commuting everyday. I guess for you it makes more sense to move closer like you said. Xx

Ohh you're not far at all thats really lucky!
Does anyone have any advice for the interview? I’m applying for 2024 intake but I am so nervous when it comes to interviews I’m already stressing about it!
Congratulations to yous for getting on you must all be so pleased 😃 🥳
Hey does any one know how many people are accepted into the DDP programme? I’m applying for 2024 intake
Reply 14
Hello! I'm currently doing the course and I think we are 14, but before I started I asked this question and they said they were offering 16 so not sure if some people dropped before starting. X
Original post by thedentalfreak
Hey does any one know how many people are accepted into the DDP programme? I’m applying for 2024 intake

Hey there,

I reviewed the course information and there was not a specific number of how many candidates they allow, but I can imagine there is a limit like any other degree course. To avoid disappointment I would recommend applying ASAP to increase your chances of getting shortlisted :smile:

If you have any further questions about how many people they will accept, other course info you can submit a query here.

I
hope this helps,

Lauren -Official Student Rep
Hello I’m wondering if you can help me I have applied to the dental development course but I had put that 2 qualifications were pending but I have had an email saying they can’t progress because the conditions haven’t been met. I should get my one result this month and the other in august . I thought I could apply with pending qualifications

Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey there,

I reviewed the course information and there was not a specific number of how many candidates they allow, but I can imagine there is a limit like any other degree course. To avoid disappointment I would recommend applying ASAP to increase your chances of getting shortlisted :smile:

If you have any further questions about how many people they will accept, other course info you can submit a query here.

I
hope this helps,

Hello I’m wondering if you can help me I have applied to the dental development course but I had put that 2 qualifications were pending but I have had an email saying they can’t progress because the conditions haven’t been met. I should get my one result this month and the other in august . I thought I could apply with pending qualifications

Hey there,

Unfortunately i'm not too sure about this, I think the best thing would be to get in contact with admissions ASAP to find out what you can do.

All the contact details for the uni are on this link: https://www.port.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us

Sorry I can't help any further,

It was sorted and I’ve been offered an interview! 😊
Reply 19
It was sorted and I’ve been offered an interview! 😊

I want to apply for ddp for 2024 intake. do you think its to late ? also when is your interview. Congratulation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending