The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 (Higher Tier) 8461/1H - 17 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 go?

AQA GCSE Biology Paper 1 (both tiers) 8461/1H - 17 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 17th May AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know if the mme predicted papers are accurate
Does anyone know if the aseptic technique will be on paper 1 biology for triple students?
im not sure, loads of reviews say they are, the only problem is that they do not have any online exams that people could order so it will be hard for them to come asap, like before the exam!
Reply 4
yh it will
any potential topics that can still come up on biology trilogy aqa 2022 apart from the main focus of the exams?
drug development vaccination
Reply 7
there's bound to be a 2 marker on cell structure or something, a short question about bacterial diseases, some kind of synoptic question bringing together ideas about respiration maybe
Original post by m0lly23
there's bound to be a 2 marker on cell structure or something, a short question about bacterial diseases, some kind of synoptic question bringing together ideas about respiration maybe

thank you this really helped!
Original post by jamest0394q
drug development vaccination

thank you for this!
how are you guys revising tonight? i'm making a revision sheet where i blurt everything i know all onto an a4 paper and doing flashcards
Original post by sideoflargefries
how are you guys revising tonight? i'm making a revision sheet where i blurt everything i know all onto an a4 paper and doing flashcards

im being complacent, but hopefully i will be motivated to do something soon :frown:
You can do it people :rave:
Original post by sideoflargefries

probably going to procrastinate for a bit longer then go to revising. I have done the past papers on the AQA website and I feel fairly confident since the past papers don't seem extremely hard. im still a bit sleep deprived from revising RE but I hope I do good in this biology test since the grade boundaries are rarely low (I overestimated 130-140/200 for a 9 and roughly 110/200 for a 7)
Original post by 101.dplq
probably going to procrastinate for a bit longer then go to revising. I have done the past papers on the AQA website and I feel fairly confident since the past papers don't seem extremely hard. im still a bit sleep deprived from revising RE but I hope I do good in this biology test since the grade boundaries are rarely low (I overestimated 130-140/200 for a 9 and roughly 110/200 for a 7)

How did you find RE?
Which exam board were you?
Honestly terrified for tomorrow because I've picked bio for a-level and really hoping for a 9, but can't help feeling like I don't know any of the content.

That being said, I thought the same about re last night and that went better than expected
when drawing a line of best fit for a graph to do with the osmosis practical, does it have to be a straight line?
For osmosis there usually is a straight line for the line of best fit however as always it can vary with question and it may be curved.
Hope this helps!
Original post by thrivingfrog
Honestly terrified for tomorrow because I've picked bio for a-level and really hoping for a 9, but can't help feeling like I don't know any of the content.

That being said, I thought the same about re last night and that went better than expected

ahhh i picked it for a-level too!! i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
and honestly, i know that feeling. where you've done a **** ton of revision but with the stress, it feels as if you know nothinggg!

i can assure you that it is just ur apprehension!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest