A level- recision

Watch this thread
elzzzzzzzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i have had one week of easter and done not much revision yet i just cant concentrate is anyone else having the same problem? please help !! i’m so scared i’m going to fail
leahs44
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
heyy literally same boat here however my easter starts next week then exams straight after!! i am finally starting now and the way this has happened is through a checklist ive created. i found a revision timetable doesn't work for me because most of the time random things pop up in my day where i cant follow it and then i get frustrated and it doesn't work. so by doing a checklist of each subject i know that as long as i complete it all i should be fine. This way its less pressure because you can just do as much as you like knowing how much you need to stick by in order to complete it. For me most of mine is quizlet then memorising and then exam questions and i condensed that into my checklist for each subject if that makes sense. i can attach my checklist for you as a template which you can edit if that would help? My plan for Easter is to start early so possibly start at 9am and finish by like 4 with breaks in between. that way you end up doing alot and then get the remaining afternoon/evening free to do what you want. I found once i made my checklist i kinda felt more motivated because i knew specifically what i needed to do instead of overwhelming msyelf. maybe this would work for you! hope this helps
elzzzzzzzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hey thanks so much i have sort of got a list with the advanced info that the exam boards have released but ur template would be much appreciated as i am the same- when i have a plan sorted i feel much less stressed and more motivated. i’m just finding getting through the content is taking me so long and i cannot concentrate at all without getting distracted. like it look me about a week to do two topics and i have so many to do it’s stressing me out whether i can get through it all and stop getting distracted. what subjects are you doing?
leahs44
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
omg yes completely get you!! im currently doing english lit n lang, sociology and media! Then finance as an AS level. My checklist is a little rough because its more specific to my subjects, for example like english it has each individual poem that i need to cover. then i did like a overview for each like too analyse memorise and exam questions. beside each poem is three check boxes that represent each of these and then i tick off each as ive done each. Its a little complicated but just the idea of having something to go off is useful so you can use it for inspo or edit it. Maybe for each subject do the topics coming up then tick off each once you covered it? Or say you have one topic to do break that into a checklist f how you are gonna cover it eg flashcards memorise and exam questions and repeat that for each? In terms of not getting distracted get that checklist made and then start because the satisfaction f ticking off the check boxes makes u wanna do more. If this isnt the same for you i think just applying that pressure of knowing the short time span you have will make you wanna get as much done as possible? let me know if you think this applies to you or not as everyone is different at the end of the day!

ps: ive attached my overall checklist then a example of my broken down one for each topic i need to cover for sociology if that helps
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (17)
18.48%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (31)
33.7%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.43%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.17%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.78%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.57%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.52%

Watched Threads