The Student Room Group

HELP Ib subjects decision

Hello, I would like to study PPE or economics and my teacher tell me to choose HL Math, HL econ and HL philosophy or Englishand SL Italian A (mother tongue), Biology or physics what do you guys advice me to choose?
Original post by albigera
Hello, I would like to study PPE or economics and my teacher tell me to choose HL Math, HL econ and HL philosophy or Englishand SL Italian A (mother tongue), Biology or physics what do you guys advice me to choose?

Which do you enjoy more? Which are you doing better in?
Biology is lots of content, but, at least at my school, people got more 7s in biology SL than physics SL. Do you know the exam data for your school?
Reply 2
Original post by booklover1313
Which do you enjoy more? Which are you doing better in?
Biology is lots of content, but, at least at my school, people got more 7s in biology SL than physics SL. Do you know the exam data for your school?

I think I would prefer Biology but I am not sure if Physics is considered a stronger choice for uni.
I think I would prefer Biology but I am not sure if Physics is considered a stronger choice for uni.

I would go with biology then. Your SL subjects aren't really important/looked at in terms of uni admissions, but the grade that you get will be important, because obviously your offer will specify a minimum total point score. Not doing physics wouldn't at all be a reason for you to not get an offer for economics.
Also if you prefer biology, then you will enjoy studying it, be more motivated etc.

Definitely go for bio - assuming you’re applying to UK universities, your SL subjects don’t matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending