Oxford Law with French Law

Watch this thread
la_17
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,
I'm considering doing Law with French Law at Oxford however I am a bit concerned about the level of French required to get in. I know you have to do a french interview which is more of a conversation and I'm currently on track to getting an A in french (which is what they say they require on the website). However, I'm wondering if actually the level of French needed is much higher e.g. realistically aimed at native speakers/ extremely high level of French. Is this true? Could someone at Oxford confirm if law w/ french is mainly at a bilingual proficiency?
Thanks
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by la_17)
Hi,
I'm considering doing Law with French Law at Oxford however I am a bit concerned about the level of French required to get in. I know you have to do a french interview which is more of a conversation and I'm currently on track to getting an A in french (which is what they say they require on the website). However, I'm wondering if actually the level of French needed is much higher e.g. realistically aimed at native speakers/ extremely high level of French. Is this true? Could someone at Oxford confirm if law w/ french is mainly at a bilingual proficiency?
Thanks
No, they don't require you to be bilingual! This is aimed at people like you, who are studying French at school. If they ask for an A, then the level they need you to be at for the interview will be an A, they won't be expecting a french person to walk in!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (14)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (20)
40.82%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.08%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
8.16%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
12.24%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.04%

Watched Threads