The Student Room Group

I get matches yet they don’t talk

Hello I get matches on a dating app. However I feel discouraged or embarrassed when I do make the first move for a conversation they hardly reply back also, does anyone have tips into how to be able to find a specific race type girl. Have I mentioned incorrect things or do I need to be more specific about myself because I don’t know how much more detailed I could get even if I do the type of girl that I am looking for sadly doesn’t or is yet to match.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I hope you have some luck soon. You definitely need the skin of a rhino to cope with the rejection that seems to be quite normal on the dating sites.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttly
I'm sorry I can't answer your question but I hope you have some luck soon. You definitely need the skin of a rhino to cope with the rejection that seems to be quite normal on the dating sites.

Thanks anyway for your tip.
Reply 3
Younger attractive girls on dating apps are only there for validation, not because they want to talk to you. They have pretty much unlimited options on dating apps so unless you’re the best guy they come across, with male model pictures and built massive from the gym, they won’t reply. Older women, single mothers and women who don’t take care of their looks are all looking for long-term relationships but won’t even message back: the irony in that is laughable.

It’s best to just roll with the punches. Message your match and decide your own cut off time for them to reply. If they go past your cut off time, you unmatch and keep swiping on other girls. Improve your pictures, only put up ones showing off the best version of yourself, maybe get some professional ones done in a studio. The state of the dating market on apps nowadays is such that you won’t be anywhere close to competitive if you don’t tick all these boxes. Women have much longer lists of requirements from men than vice versa. Use this to your advantage, get in the gym, get some pictures of you when you look your best such as at weddings and formal events.
they probably constantly like peoole just to get a match, and end up not liking then in the first place
Original post by Anonymous
does anyone have tips into how to be able to find a specific race type girl..

I'm sorry??? What???
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by CatInTheCorner
I'm sorry??? What???

Hi :smile: I’m British Bangladeshi what I meant was by specific race is basically that I’m trying to look for a British Bangladeshi girl so that’s what was meant. Apologies for any confusion.
Reply 7
Original post by ozzyoscy
So what do you say to them that they don't reply to?

I bet it's weird clingy Bangladeshi crap.

First of all it’s not weird neither is it clingy crap so please mind your tone and it’s my own race that I ideally want a match to.
First of all it’s not weird neither is it clingy crap so please mind your tone and it’s my own race that I ideally want a match to.

First of all, you still haven't said what it was so we don't know that yet, so until you do the assumption you're tone deaf must be made.

And second it's not a race, it's a nationality.
(edited 2 years ago)
What are you saying to your matches?
Original post by Crazed cat lady

He won't say, so we have to assume it's fawning and cringe.

I welcome them politely and thank them for their matches, I then want to understand them better. Though I also prefer if my match was of Bangladeshi nationality.
I welcome them politely and thank them for their matches, I then want to understand them better. Though I also prefer if my match was of Bangladeshi nationality.

That sounds incredibly dull. Given so many men tend to swipe right on almost every woman, a woman on a dating app will likely get several matches in a short space of time. It is the guys who are witty, charming or humorous from the off that get to take the conversation further. The ones that welcome her politely will get ghosted quickly.
That sounds incredibly dull. Given so many men tend to swipe right on almost every woman, a woman on a dating app will likely get several matches in a short space of time. It is the guys who are witty, charming or humorous from the off that get to take the conversation further. The ones that welcome her politely will get ghosted quickly.

Apologies but it is my first time using it though thank you for the helpful tip so what witty, humorous or charming way besides a compliment may I start it off with.
Reply 14
I'm clearly missing something here - why are you so intent on matching yourself with a British Bangladeshi girl? Are you afraid to engage with any other woman?

Who has inculcated you to such a mindset?
Told you it'd be Indian cringe.

I’m not Indian.

Can you maybe start with something specific to them - so if they have a travel pic, ask them about it, or maybe compliment a specific photo?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by booklover1313
Can you maybe start with something specific to them - so if they have a travel pic, ask them about it, or maybe complement a specific photo?

Thank you very much :smile:. I’ll do that.
I’m not Indian.

Didn't say you were, but your mating ritual is.
Didn't say you were, but your mating ritual is.

Nope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending