The Student Room Group

Salford adult nurse intake 2022

Hi,

I am just waiting to hear back from Salford after my interview for adult nursing yesterday.

I appreciate timetables change but does anyone have an example of how the blocks are split and how many days you are in uni?

I’m currently trying to arrange childcare options and looking for an idea.

Thanks
Louise
Reply 1
I had my interview with Salford a few weeks ago, I don't know how many days in uni but in the presentation he showed how the year was split up for 2020-2021 academic year as an example and it was like this:

28th sept - 22 november in uni. 4 week placement, 2 weeks off for christmas. 9 weeks in uni, 2 weeks off at easter, 6 week placement, 2 months in uni , 6 week placement, 2 weeks off in august.

https://tt.salford.ac.uk/Programme/ProgrammeCalendar

On that link you can see the timetable for uni lectures and it doesnt look like nursing students are in uni everyday, some weeks just wed-fri
Reply 2
Thank you!

I didn’t take a note of the information on the presentation just because she said it was changing from September. I did call course enquiries this afternoon and he said it is looking like 2 x 6 hour days a week in uni in 1st year.
Original post by LouiseMG87
Thank you!

I didn’t take a note of the information on the presentation just because she said it was changing from September. I did call course enquiries this afternoon and he said it is looking like 2 x 6 hour days a week in uni in 1st year.

Hey currently salfold nuring student here in Jan 22 intake and we currently do blended learning 3 day a week in uni (one learning online and 2 on campus) and you will do about 10-12 week at the beginning of the course settling in and then placements consistently of roughly 4 weeks and 7 weeks (depending if its a long 7 week placement x 2 over the year and a short 4 week placment)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by edakanari
Hey currently salfold nuring student here in Jan 22 intake and we currently do blended learning 3 day a week in uni (one learning online and 2 on campus) and you will do about 10-12 week at the beginning of the course settling in and then placements consistently of roughly 4 weeks and 7 weeks (depending if its a long 7 week placement x 2 over the year and a short 4 week placment)

Thank you for that, really helps. How are you finding the course?
MoMornin.Please what days do lectures take place.. I will Need to work part time whilst on the programe, at least for the first 2 years..I am a bit hooked on what days to knock off my work schedule ..pls can u help me with this info
Original post by oololad93
MoMornin.Please what days do lectures take place.. I will Need to work part time whilst on the programe, at least for the first 2 years..I am a bit hooked on what days to knock off my work schedule ..pls can u help me with this info

Hi @oololad93,

The course timetable can vary year to year just depending on room availability etc :smile: the timetables are released just before the start of term, but it's worth having a look here for an indication too: https://tt.salford.ac.uk/

I hope this helps!

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending