Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bugger isn't a swear word, is it?

So anyway, I was on eBay and I saw a book I liked. I thought, "that'll be good for a few quid", so I typed in £4.00... submit. Or at least, I thought I did. Turns out I typed £40.0. *****! It's a bit late now, though. Oh well, let's hope nobody bids up that high, or, if they do, go past it. I'll be ticked off if some gr******* bids up to £39 and then quits.

Bah. Maybe I could just refuse to pay?

ReputationRep:
    Stupid you more than stupid ebay really then!

ReputationRep:
    the person selling the book is going to be very pleased hehe

hehe-im turning into vienna :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Bugger isn't a swear word, is it?

So anyway, I was on eBay and I saw a book I liked. I thought, "that'll be good for a few quid", so I typed in £4.00... submit. Or at least, I thought I did. Turns out I typed £40.0. *****! It's a bit late now, though. Oh well, let's hope nobody bids up that high, or, if they do, go past it. I'll be ticked off if some gr******* bids up to £39 and then quits.

Bah. Maybe I could just refuse to pay?
    This is one of the few situations that they let you off. There's something about it in the terms and conditions. If you email them and say you put the wrong amount in they will let you change it.

ReputationRep:
    i do that loads! I almost said i'd bid up to 30quid for some gloves yesterday! thankfully i spotted the redundant nought *few*

ReputationRep:
    whats the link to the auction?

*feels like bidding for £39 :p:*

i think you can contact ebay to have your bid removed, if you tell them it was a mistake, and bid for £4

ReputationRep:
    I'll be ticked off if some gr******* bids up to £39 and then quits.
    a link to the page please :elefant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    a link to the page please :elefant:
    Not a chance, I know you're all *******s who'll try and get me to shell out as much wing-wang as possible.

I'll try to contact eBay, then.

ReputationRep:
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/bid-retract.html

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance, I know you're all *******s who'll try and get me to shell out as much wing-wang as possible.

I'll try to contact eBay, then.
    it shouldnt bother you, I thought you were extremely wealthy

ReputationRep:
    Thanks elpaw. You're not really good at anything, but always handy to have around. A bit like the Swiss.

I'd give you some rep as thanks, but I'd much rather use my daily allotment to torment a random newbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    it shouldnt bother you, I thought you were extremely wealthy
    A penny saved, my dear boy. I may have a trust fund, but I still pick up change from the pavement.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks elpaw. You're not really good at anything, but always handy to have around.
    Except for physics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lame)
    Except for physics!
    Ooh, a random newbie.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, a random newbie.
    hello, how are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    hello, how are you?
    Wow, I'm spoilt for choice.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm spoilt for choice.
    He's already in the red though...:p:

ReputationRep:
    so put me back in the green!! please, i've done nothing wrong at all, i dont understand why theres so much injustice out here in TSRworld

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    He's already in the red though...:p:
    Yeah... it's no fun if he actually wants it. I'd much rather pick out a hapless newbie and suprise them with it. Haha, they'd probably try and retaliate with their feeble grey gems, to no avail. Heehee, the delight of evil.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... it's no fun if he actually wants it. I'd much rather pick out a hapless newbie and suprise them with it. Haha, they'd probably try and retaliate with their feeble grey gems, to no avail. Heehee, the delight of evil.
    You're a silly bunny.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.