The Student Room Group

Do undergraduate courses leading to a masters get UG classification?

If you study for a four year undergraduate degree that leads to a Masters qualification in the final year, such as a MEng for instance, do you get an undergraduate classification such as 1st, 2:1 etc. on your certificate?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by erniexxxxx
If you study for a four year undergraduate degree that leads to a Masters qualification in the final year, such as a MEng for instance, do you get an undergraduate classification such as 1st, 2:1 etc. on your certificate?

Most universities do - most my friends including myself received 1st, 2.1, 2.2 classifications. Although. some unis apparently (I’ve read) give distinction , merits etc.

Hey @erniexxxxxIt really depends on the university. I would suggest contacting the Admissions team for clarification on the degree classification. You can also speak to the Student Advice team.

I hope this helps.

- Dennis (PhD Air Transport Management student) :biggrin:

Depends on the university, and possibly the department. I know some engineering departments use the postgraduate classification for the MEng (mainly Scottish ones from what I've seen).

But ultimately it doesn't matter in terms of applying for jobs. You can take a distinction as a first and a merit as a 2:1.

Quick Reply

Latest