GCSE vs Mocks Results

Watch this thread
TylerJNunn
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey everyone! Whoever has done their GCSE's formally, were your GCSE grades higher or lower than your mock grades? Or did they stay the same. I have achieved quite high grades in my mocks but I am so worried my GCSE's will be so much harder and that my grades in the real exam will be much lower than my mocks!!
Supremolga
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
hey dude, i'm in year 11 but i can honestly say i think GCSEs will be a lot easier than these previous mocks, at least for my skl anyway; our teachers marked really harshly, don't worry about stuff too much just do ur best!!!!
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I think the grade boundaries will be so high this year, I’m so stressed 😭
Supremolga
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox)
I think the grade boundaries will be so high this year, I’m so stressed 😭
wait why omg
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Supremolga)
wait why omg
Because we’ve been given advanced information, and there’s been content taken out 😭
2022 g
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I got a 3 in my english lit mock.
I then got an 8 in the actual exam lol.
billybarry
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Because we’ve been given advanced information, and there’s been content taken out 😭
Actually the Education Secretary says that the grade boundaries are going to be nicer which means that more people will get 7s 8s and 9s
palaeolivic
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TylerJNunn)
Hey everyone! Whoever has done their GCSE's formally, were your GCSE grades higher or lower than your mock grades? Or did they stay the same. I have achieved quite high grades in my mocks but I am so worried my GCSE's will be so much harder and that my grades in the real exam will be much lower than my mocks!!
I did my GCSEs a while back, but generally my mock grades (in most subjects) were worse than my final grades - as I worked on stuff I didn’t understood between mocks and final exams + also my teachers decided to be super harsh w their marking. (To get us to work harder).
iqra_xoxoxoxox
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by billybarry)
Actually the Education Secretary says that the grade boundaries are going to be nicer which means that more people will get 7s 8s and 9s
When did he say that?
cjh________
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
When did he say that?
The government are aiming to have the grade boundaries in the middle of 2019 grade boundaries (pre-covid) and 2021 grade boundaries. They also said they will be more generous with grades but idk because advanced info and stuff.
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
When did he say that?
They've been saying this for a long time around the same time as the advance information announcement
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by cjh________)
The government are aiming to have the grade boundaries in the middle of 2019 grade boundaries (pre-covid) and 2021 grade boundaries. They also said they will be more generous with grades but idk because advanced info and stuff.
One thing to note is they said the grade distribution - so if everyone does really well they (the grade boundaries) may still be higher
Last edited by AmIReallyHere; 2 months ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by cjh________)
No they are not - it's the grade profile that will be mid-way. The boundaries will be set in accordance with that after papers have been maked
Last edited by Muttley79; 2 months ago
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
i'm glad i'm not the only person stressing bc i got all 8s and 9s in mocks (except one 7 that we don't discuss) and i'm panicking that the actual exams will be way harder and i'll get lower grades
Supremolga
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
i'm glad i'm not the only person stressing bc i got all 8s and 9s in mocks (except one 7 that we don't discuss) and i'm panicking that the actual exams will be way harder and i'll get lower grades
LMAO SAME, except i got such a mixture of 8s, 5s and 3s BAHAHAH
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Back when I did my GCSE exams a long time ago, I managed to get the same on some subjects and then got higher in others than the mocks.
I wouldn't worry to badly after exam grading this year. The exams boards have been asked to be more lenient as you guys have missed out on 2 academic years worth of learning, so most likely you'll be fine and get what you need come next month when you start to sit the real items.
Best of luck come the real thing!
Last edited by Funtimes01_; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
33.96%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.28%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.94%

Watched Threads