The Student Room Group

What grade did I get on Unseen Poetry?

Hi, would anyone mind telling me what grade on my essays? My Exam Board is AQA and my papers are based on my school’s predicament of further papers, not past papers. :smile:
This is what I got:
- Macbeth: 26 marks
- Dr Jekyll Hyde: 26 marks
- Poetry: 26 marks
If possible, could you please also estimate my final grade due to the fact that I haven’t studied Inspector Calls yet, thank you! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Leah Brayshaw
Hi, would anyone mind telling me what grade on my essays?
This is what I got:
- Macbeth: 26 marks
- Dr Jekyll + Hyde: 26 marks
- Poetry: 26 marks
If possible, could you please also estimate my final grade due to the fact that I haven’t studied Inspector Calls yet, thank you! :smile:

Usually, in my school 26 is top of band five so a high seven or low eight depending on what the grade boundaries in your school are like. Your final grade will most likely be an eight as they always mark more harshly in centre assessments or that is what I have been told. Hope that helps !
Just to confirm, were talking about AQA GCSE here, right? Were the essays you wrote from past papers, or something your school has produced? I ask because they're tweaking the paper this year but I'm guessing that your essays are from past papers, so we should at past mark schemes and grade boundaries.

Macbeth and Jekyll & Hyde are both on Paper 1 and are worth 34 marks each. Is that what the essays you did were marked out of? If so, you scored 76% on each.

Unseen Poetry is on Paper 2 and is worth 32 marks. Again, is that what you essay was marked out of? If so, you scored 81%.

So you're just under the boundary for a grade 8; let's call it a high 7 (based upon the 2019 grade boundaries).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending