The Student Room Group

Laptop vs iPad

Hello, I’m hoping to start Med school in the UK from September 2022 and I was wondering what would people recommend for taking notes and accessing resources etc: Laptop or an iPad? Please give me your reasons as to whichever one you prefer!! <3
Should also say - by laptop I mean a Macbook as that’s the one I already have
(edited 2 years ago)
This is my advice. Go to a computer shop in order to find the best one. Ask about the different models too. Make some brief notes about the products. Find out a bit more. A mini sized iPad is quite useful. My sister used her own iPhone for notes. It is your decision however. Perhaps try making a pro and con list. Good luck. If you ask a member of the shop staff they can hopefully answer your pressing questions and also give you a lot more detailed information.
Original post by tinyperson
This is my advice. Go to a computer shop in order to find the best one. Ask about the different models too. Make some brief notes about the products. Find out a bit more. A mini sized iPad is quite useful. My sister used her own iPhone for notes. It is your decision however. Perhaps try making a pro and con list. Good luck. If you ask a member of the shop staff they can hopefully answer your pressing questions and also give you a lot more detailed information.

Thats a good idea however I feel like they would pressure me into buying the most expensive one rather than the one most suitable for me in terms of med school that’s why I thought it would be best to ask people who are or have studied medicine as they wouldn’t be biased
(edited 2 years ago)
Perhaps try online then
Thank you and thank you for the info it was really helpful! Would you say you can type faster/better on a macbook keyboard or on an iPad screen?
Thank you so much for the help, it was really useful since you tried out both macbook and iPad. I might consider saving up for an iPad too then but I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t wasting my money since I already have a macbook and thought I can use a notebook for clinical placements etc to write things down or whilst commuting. Could I ask which iPad do you use and do you think it’s efficient?
trust me you don't need anything but a laptop for med school, laptop + anki is all you need
People use Ipad for studying and anki too but in my opinion it just feels slower to do flashcards compared to laptop
Original post by Krunker482
trust me you don't need anything but a laptop for med school, laptop + anki is all you need
People use Ipad for studying and anki too but in my opinion it just feels slower to do flashcards compared to laptop

Ahh okay might just stick with my macbook then and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the help!! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending