37.84%
Not so good (94)
31.76%
Terrible! (49)
16.55%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

OCR A Level Physics Modelling physics H556/01 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 26th May PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
DO12345
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
The specification states that "Component 01(Modelling physics) assesses content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5." However, I have seen several questions in the papers that are based on Waves in module 4. What is up with that?
HelloItsMe777
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DO12345)
The specification states that "Component 01(Modelling physics) assesses content from modules 1, 2, 3 and 5." However, I have seen several questions in the papers that are based on Waves in module 4. What is up with that?
Are you revising according to the Advance information given to you?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This week ! :afraid:
WoodsterJ15
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Oscillations is a topic in OCR A level Physics Module 5.3 which has a lot of relations with Module 4 topics, it is about things like SHM
Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-25 192456.png
Views: 61
Size:  17.8 KB
Last edited by WoodsterJ15; 4 weeks ago
J875
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what topics might be on there that aren't in the advance info 🤣
clazlihou
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
theres bound to be a couple of 2 markers on motion, some Wsin theta type business,
Question: what on earth is the practical skills in Astro and cosmo?!! im going nuts!! i do not recall an Astro/Cosmo PAG!
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by clazlihou)
theres bound to be a couple of 2 markers on motion, some Wsin theta type business,
Question: what on earth is the practical skills in Astro and cosmo?!! im going nuts!! i do not recall an Astro/Cosmo PAG!
diffraction gratings things I imagine
clazlihou
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
diffraction gratings things I imagine
thank you so much! i was insanely panicking over that haha!
Shifs
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It'll probably be on Hubble's law and doppler effect. so equating and finding velocities or finding the age of the universe from Hubble's constant. Or diffraction gratings
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you so much! i was insanely panicking over that haha!
no worries
good luck for tomorrow
TirednessInc
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
can’t sleep due to nerves, good luck for tomorrow everyone 🤞❤️
sqweku
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TirednessInc)
can’t sleep due to nerves, good luck for tomorrow everyone 🤞❤️
(Original post by J875)
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what topics might be on there that aren't in the advance info 🤣
Well there are practical skills on materials and astrophysics/cosmology. I had a look and I believe there are only three practicals between these topics: diffraction gratings, investigating Hooke’s Law and finding the Young modulus of a material. Correct me if there are any more .

Of course that doesn’t stop them from giving us a question with a new equation and asking us to investigate it, but even then that question could only realistically be based on the two materials practicals we already know.

Good luck for the exam everyone!
Last edited by sqweku; 4 weeks ago
TirednessInc
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sqweku)
Well there are practical skills on materials and astrophysics/cosmology. I had a look and I believe there are only three practicals between these topics: diffraction gratings, investigating Hooke’s Law and finding the Young modulus of a material. Correct me if there are any more .

Of course that doesn’t stop them from giving us a question with a new equation and asking us to investigate it, but even then that question could only realistically be based on the two materials practicals we already know.

Good luck for the exam everyone!
thanks for the hints! we’ve got this 💪
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Good luck everyone!

MP
a350fan
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Good luck!
Fatymahh
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Guys I am panicking soo much
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hope it went well everyone - how did you find it?

MP
efmjrenj455
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Was the advance info helpful?
JMarchant80
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hardest OCR A paper 1 I have ever sat!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (42)
26.25%
As I expected (52)
32.5%
Harder (59)
36.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.38%

Watched Threads