OCR A Level Chemistry B Practical skills chemistry H433/03 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the exam go for you?
Great! (8)
25%
Quite well (15)
46.88%
Not so good (9)
28.13%
Terrible! (0)
0%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

OCR A Level Chemistry B Practical skills in chemistry H433/03 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 23rd June AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Alizeh_aamir06
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Piece of ****
Felix32
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys! How is everyone feeling, does anyone have any tips for paper 3 - is it mostly calculations or practical procedure stuff?
Alpacalover1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Felix32)
Hi guys! How is everyone feeling, does anyone have any tips for paper 3 - is it mostly calculations or practical procedure stuff?
Hi!! Pretty exhausted after having 2 exams today. I would recommend studying all the practical techniques and all the PAGs you've done to prepare. It will be very practical heavy. Also I hugely recommend doing all the past paper 3's. Best of luck
Felix32
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alpacalover1)
Hi!! Pretty exhausted after having 2 exams today. I would recommend studying all the practical techniques and all the PAGs you've done to prepare. It will be very practical heavy. Also I hugely recommend doing all the past paper 3's. Best of luck
Thank you so much! Good luck to you too and def take a rest because that sounds rough I hope they went well I don’t actually have any of the pags as our pag books have been taken in do you know if there’s any websites that has notes on them or the sheets?
Felix32
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Do u reckon they’ve included what’s gonna be associated with the practical insert in the advanced info bc my gut is kinda telling me they haven’t 💀
Alpacalover1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Thank you so much! Good luck to you too and def take a rest because that sounds rough I hope they went well I don’t actually have any of the pags as our pag books have been taken in do you know if there’s any websites that has notes on them or the sheets?
Thank you. I think they went well I would recommend physics and maths tutor- they have some practicals up there from OCR B.
LettieLouise
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Could someone explain to me the difference (if any) between this paper and the other two. I have only done one paper 3 before so confused with what kind of revision I should be prioritising?
Felix32
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alpacalover1)
Thank you. I think they went well I would recommend physics and maths tutor- they have some practicals up there from OCR B.
omg that’s great tysm I use them all the time idk how I didn’t see that lmaooo 💀💀
Madsfr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LettieLouise)
Could someone explain to me the difference (if any) between this paper and the other two. I have only done one paper 3 before so confused with what kind of revision I should be prioritising?
a) its only 60(?) marks
b) it is more practical based than all the other papers
c) you get given an unseen article, its usually a practical we have already seen or something very similar
hope that helps!
LettieLouise
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Madsfr)
a) its only 60(?) marks
c) you get given an unseen article, its usually a practical we have already seen or something very similar
hope that helps!
Thank you that does really help
LettieLouise
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
a) its only 60(?) marks
hope that helps!
Yes that really helps thank you
665Albertros
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
one od the advanced info topics is greenhouse effect ???????????
Madsfr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 665Albertros)
one od the advanced info topics is greenhouse effect ???????????
unfortunately so, i must say it is strange for a practical paper but they will have a link somewhere i'm sure
Felix32
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I swear there was already redox in paper 2 aghhhh
Luuuuis7
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
it comes under the organic reaction section so there's all the bromoalkane reactions.
unfortunately so, i must say it is strange for a practical paper but they will have a link somewhere i'm sure
Felix32
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This might be a flop paper
Felix32
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Energy and matter??? 😟 are they gonna sneak in nitrogen cycle lmaooo
Madsfr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Luuuuis7)
it comes under the organic reaction section so there's all the bromoalkane reactions.
i'm confused what you mean by this? it's under its own section with colorimetry as its practical, no?
Madsfr
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This might be a flop paper
considering its only 60 marks this is the best paper to flop on haha, you won't though - just brush up on some practical techniques and you will be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (61)
27.11%
As I expected (70)
31.11%
Harder (86)
38.22%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.56%

Watched Threads