The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 1:Inorganic and Physical 9CH0 01 - 13 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 1 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 1: Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry 9CH0 01 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, just wondering how everyone is revising the transition metals bit because it’s non on advanced?
Original post by hiiiiiiye2ue89
Hi, just wondering how everyone is revising the transition metals bit because it’s non on advanced?

I just revised all of it as it can link with redox but I know for sure nobody in my school is touching that topic

I would revise it as the advanced information ranks the topics in terms of how many marks they are worth, so Redox II will be worth the most marks on paper 1. That means that transition metals can still come up as a multiple choice question or a low mark question.
surely Transition metals would only be likely to come up in the redox titrations in which very little transition metal knowledge is needed, but thanks I get what you mean I think I will just go over it in alright detail over the weekend
Original post by Imgonnafail21
I would revise it as the advanced information ranks the topics in terms of how many marks they are worth, so Redox II will be worth the most marks on paper 1. That means that transition metals can still come up as a multiple choice question or a low mark question.
Reply 5
does anyone have the 2021 paper?
Reply 6
i wasn't even taught half of the transition metals topic so questions about more than the basics come up I'm done lol

i understand it all but i haven't memorised any of the equations
i guess just learn the colours, thats what they are most likely to ask us. It will only be 5% anyways so up to you if its really worth all the revision. Personally, i would just focus on the main topics they have said at this stage..
Original post by DarkShadow101
i guess just learn the colours, thats what they are most likely to ask us. It will only be 5% anyways so up to you if its really worth all the revision. Personally, i would just focus on the main topics they have said at this stage..

Where did you get the figure 5% from?
Feel like so many numbers are being said, where in reality no one knows 😂😭
Original post by Rara345
Where did you get the figure 5% from?
Feel like so many numbers are being said, where in reality no one knows 😂😭

It says it on the advanced info
It says it on the advanced info

Ahh okay thanks. Do you know if that include synoptically?
Original post by DarkShadow101

not how the advanced info works
advanced info apparently wasnt followed for AS edexcel chem and they even had completely diff question types or smthing
Original post by teeee7
does anyone have the 2021 paper?

Yeah message me ur email I might be able to send it
Hi does anyone know how to explain
1)shielding
2)Atomic raidus
3)nuclear charges
In simple terms
send it to me pls
Original post by lilhuddy
Yeah message me ur email I might be able to send it
Wishing everyone sitting the Edexcel A-Level Chemistry Paper 1 on Monday all the best! You guys have got this and I'm sure all your hard work will pay off!

Spoiler

@5hyl33n did you do Edexcel
Anyone has access to the Mock set paper 2, Sample assessment paper 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending