Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 2: Organic and Physical 9CH0 02 - 20 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 2 exam go for you?
Great (48)
28.4%
Quite well (76)
44.97%
Not so good (38)
22.49%
Terrible! (7)
4.14%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Edexcel A Level Chemistry Paper 2: Advanced Organic and Physical Chemistry 9CH0 02 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Rara345
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Can they still ask us about practicals not listed on that paper for advanced info? Eg the kinetics practical bc kinetics is on advanced info.
Ik they can still test on content not listed, is that the same for practicals?
Imgonnafail21
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rara345)
Can they still ask us about practicals not listed on that paper for advanced info? Eg the kinetics practical bc kinetics is on advanced info.
I would assume it's the same for core practicals. I mean I was still going to go over the other core practicals for paper 3 just to be safe
adddsfgyyhjk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I think we should know the practicals for the advanced info. but there are some that are specifically listed for paper 3 like kinetics. so maybe I won't revise those before paper 2 because why would they ask the same thing twice??
Imgonnafail21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by adddsfgyyhjk)
I think we should know the practicals for the advanced info. but there are some that are specifically listed for paper 3 like kinetics. so maybe I won't revise those before paper 2 because why would they ask the same thing twice??
Yeah I'm assuming the original question was for paper 3?? Because looking at past paper 2's I haven't seen any questions which are specifically focused on a core practical
Rara345
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Imgonnafail21)
I would assume it's the same for core practicals. I mean I was still going to go over the other core practicals for paper 3 just to be safe
(Original post by adddsfgyyhjk)
So are you guys going to go over core practicals for paper 2 as well, or just before paper 3?
thbak you both :0)
adddsfgyyhjk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
So are you guys going to go over core practicals for paper 2 as well, or just before paper 3?
im not going to have time to do it before paper 2
Imgonnafail21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm only going over the core practicals for paper 3 because I haven't seen any core practicals pop up so far on any past paper 2's
So I won't revise it for paper 2
Last edited by Imgonnafail21; 2 weeks ago
marieclaire.pi0
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Any topics outside the advanced info peeps think worth knowing for this paper? (Like transition metals in paper 1?)
teeee7
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
do you think organic synthesis is coming up???
marieclaire.pi0
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by teeee7)
do you think organic synthesis is coming up???
feel Like because it's on the advanced info for paper 3 they won't waste potential questions on it in this paper when they are for sure gonna ask it in paper 3
teeee7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by marieclaire.pi0)
feel Like because it's on the advanced info for paper 3 they won't waste potential questions on it in this paper when they are for sure gonna ask it in paper 3
ahh okay,this paper is gonna be the death of me
Imgonnafail21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Any topics outside the advanced info peeps think worth knowing for this paper? (Like transition metals in paper 1?)
Yeah, I mean it'd be good to just have some knowledge on other topics cuz I guess you'd want to try maximise your marks
turquoisecandy21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
6C is stated on the advance info and theres a point about 'removing toxic waste gases caused by incineration of plastics' on the spec. how is this done??
teeee7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by turquoisecandy21)
6C is stated on the advance info and theres a point about 'removing toxic waste gases caused by incineration of plastics' on the spec. how is this done??
rubbish(waste polymers) is burnt and that energy is used to generate electricity. Modern incineration can burn more efficiently as most toxins and pollutants can be removed. The waste gases from the incinerator are scrubbed and reacted with the base. The base reacts with acidic HCL gas.
I think you need to know the eq too but idkk-CAO+2HCL=CACL2+H2O
Last edited by teeee7; 2 weeks ago
Chi2020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Deathly scared for this paper especially cuz how shambolic paper one was for me personally , hopefully the grade boundaries are low low .
user5789478398
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chi2020)
Deathly scared for this paper especially cuz how shambolic paper one was for me personally , hopefully the grade boundaries are low low .
How many marks do you think you got for paper 1??? It didn’t go well at all for me either
marieclaire.pi0
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Guys have you done any past papers? Is it just me or are they wildly different from the advanced info?
teeee7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Guys have you done any past papers? Is it just me or are they wildly different from the advanced info?
i havent done a paper yet,im juss doing topic qs.
teeee7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by user5789478398)
How many marks do you think you got for paper 1??? It didn’t go well at all for me either
LOTS OF PPL FOUND IT HARD,i think it'll be 50-60 percent for A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (16)
27.12%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (30)
50.85%
First aid skills (3)
5.08%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.69%
Sign language (8)
13.56%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads