The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Fundamentals of biology H422/01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

OCR A Level Biology Fundamentals of biology H422/01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 2h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

What do u think of what the exam could be like despite Obs knowing the advanced info
anyone know any other prediction papers except for mr murrys papers ???
Original post by Charlie728477282

I don’t think other people really predicted anything else. What do u thinks it’s gonna be heavily based on with plant and animal responses I just feel like a lot of muscle might come on ngl
Original post by 🧸medical hope
I don’t think other people really predicted anything else. What do u thinks it’s gonna be heavily based on with plant and animal responses I just feel like a lot of muscle might come on ngl

yeah defiantly muscle maybe linked with respiration going to and from anaerobic (prac ????) and then plant structures and water pathways into and along plants maybe with potato prac or linked with bio molecules ( like water cohesion stuff in the xylem + xylem structure) or starch with respiration then just some photosynthesis stuff linked with plants maybe leaf structure and chloroplast structure just waffled a ton there but thats all i can think of 🤷🏻*♂️ neurones might also be in it linked in with the brain and stuff like that and also adrenaline stuff and fight or flight with hormonal coms maybe linked with muscles ?
yeah defiantly muscle maybe linked with respiration going to and from anaerobic (prac ????) and then plant structures and water pathways into and along plants maybe with potato prac or linked with bio molecules ( like water cohesion stuff in the xylem + xylem structure) or starch with respiration then just some photosynthesis stuff linked with plants maybe leaf structure and chloroplast structure just waffled a ton there but thats all i can think of 🤷🏻*♂️ neurones might also be in it linked in with the brain and stuff like that and also adrenaline stuff and fight or flight with hormonal coms maybe linked with muscles ?

See the thing is idk why they would put on the potato practical coz that was tested quite a bit on the 2019 paper and then the dialysis tubing test was tested on the 2020 paper. Biological membrane Practical is gonna defo be tested on but idk what they would possibly ask maybe how to set up colorimeter hasn’t been tested for quite some time to measure aborbance u nervous for the exam ? Let me know how u find it on the day!! What grade u aiming for ? I’m a resitter from last year so it will be interesting how the paper is
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 🧸medical hope
See the thing is idk why they would put on the potato practical coz that was tested quite a bit on the 2019 paper and then the dialysis tubing test was tested on the 2020 paper. Biological membrane Practical is gonna defo be tested on but idk what they would possibly ask maybe how to set up colorimeter hasn’t been tested for quite some time to measure aborbance u nervous for the exam ? Let me know how u find it on the day!! What grade u aiming for ? I’m a resitter from last year so it will be interesting how the paper is

hoping for an A or above wbu ? yeah thats true do u know if it was poorly answered ? if it was that might be why theyre repeating it in papers idk also it could just be a 2/3 marker and were overthinking it 🤣 do u think theyre not going to include any of the info they put up or will all of it be tested to some degree ???
hoping for an A or above wbu ? yeah thats true do u know if it was poorly answered ? if it was that might be why theyre repeating it in papers idk also it could just be a 2/3 marker and were overthinking it 🤣 do u think theyre not going to include any of the info they put up or will all of it be tested to some degree ???

I still think they will still shove it in even if it’s not advanced info. Coz like take example module 2 can baso fit in anyway really and that’s not even on for paper 1. I think there has to be a few marks based on stuff that isn’t from advanced info. Like Ik for AS level for biology ocr in total only 7 marks out of the whole paper was not advanced info.

I mean I would love an A if I’ve came back to re sit might as well go all out and aim high uno haha

It was answered okay tbh the potato practical it wasn’t poorly answered that’s why I would be surprised if they give the same practical like surely they gotto mix it up a little
(edited 1 year ago)

I love how we are planning what could come on but I’ve defo got in the back of my mind maybe exam Board gonna screw us over and just take us off guard 🥴 I feel like they gotto add some questions from not advanced info to make it harder I guess to seperate candidates do u think the grade boundaries will be high???
(edited 1 year ago)
Is this OCR A or B biology?
Is everyone learning the entire spec- I’ve tried to but obvs there’s so much so not everything stick. Most people I know have just revised advanced info.
Original post by Jla244
Is everyone learning the entire spec- I’ve tried to but obvs there’s so much so not everything stick. Most people I know have just revised advanced info.

It’s ocr A I guess it depends how confident u r on the subject really
Im expecting one full question per topic on the advanced info plus all topics in the MCQs. I think there could be membrane practical, plant germination with the hormones, and then maybe light compensation points or something?

Mr murrays papers are for ocr a, this threads got the spec for ocr b attached
Original post by Phoebe.hood
Im expecting one full question per topic on the advanced info plus all topics in the MCQs. I think there could be membrane practical, plant germination with the hormones, and then maybe light compensation points or something?

Omg yes I was thinking the same for light compensation points I think there’s gonna be lots of graphs low key or plant heavy based or muscle based.
Original post by Phoebe.hood
Mr murrays papers are for ocr a, this threads got the spec for ocr b attached

Do you do A or B?
Original post by Jla244
Do you do A or B?

idek the difference ??
idek the difference ??

huh what how do u not know the difference ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending