The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision

I'm starting to revise pretty hardcore at the moment as I'm really eager to bump up my grades by a lot. I have created myself a timetable which allows me to study three topics a day, for at least 5 hours and 30 minutes by using the pomodoro method (25/5 3-4 times each subject). Is this efficient? If there's anything I can improve please let me know!
Reply 1
how have u been studying, i really need advice
Reply 2
Original post by beZic
how have u been studying, i really need advice

first off i've created myself a time table that allows me to practice 3 topics/subjects a day, the first session being 1hr 30mins and the other two are two hours with a 30min break in between all three sessions. i also break each session down by using the pomodoro method, 25 mins work and 5 min break at leat 3-5 times each session.

for each subject, the revision method differs. but for all subjects i made a list using subject specifications of all topics in each subject and have listed them from hardest to easiest. i study all content using active recall (mindmaps, flashcards, and writing what i know then adding what i dont know) and then going through past papers and practice questions on the topic. i spend slightly longer on the harder topics. i also use cgp books and videos on youtube for things i don't understand!
for science and maths i do loads of practice questions and past papers.
for french, flashcards for vocab, some worksheets, and write out paragraphs for each theme that you can use for both speaking and writing.
for history and english, practice loads. write down key methods for each type of question asked and mindmaps for literature and timelines for history.

i aim for around 5hrs 30mins a day, but i'd say around 3-5 hrs a day is perfect, don't overwork yourself! i also recommend waking up pretty early, because then you can finish in the early afternoon and have the rest of the day to chill.

good luck and i hope this helped you!
Coming from a Year 11 student, I think that is very good! Of course it all depends on the knowledge you already have and what grades you are getting/aiming for, but the fact you study for that time a day is already very efficient nonetheless. I know some people who don’t study whatsoever, or say they are but never do it. With the fact you are putting in the effort in clearly shows your determination so I hope you get the grades you deserve.
I don’t know if this is the advice you are seeking, but make sure the topics you are studying are your weakest points as those are the ones that will lose you marks. Also, doing a lot of past papers and looking online for predicted questions is realllyyy useful especially as we have advanced information for this year. A lot of YouTubers make predicted papers and go through predicted questions in response to the advanced information thus being extremely helpful.
Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by vvixtasy
Coming from a Year 11 student, I think that is very good! Of course it all depends on the knowledge you already have and what grades you are getting/aiming for, but the fact you study for that time a day is already very efficient nonetheless. I know some people who don’t study whatsoever, or say they are but never do it. With the fact you are putting in the effort in clearly shows your determination so I hope you get the grades you deserve.
I don’t know if this is the advice you are seeking, but make sure the topics you are studying are your weakest points as those are the ones that will lose you marks. Also, doing a lot of past papers and looking online for predicted questions is realllyyy useful especially as we have advanced information for this year. A lot of YouTubers make predicted papers and go through predicted questions in response to the advanced information thus being extremely helpful.
Good luck!! :smile:

thank you so much, this is incredibly helpful, good luck to you too!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest