Edexcel A Level Biology B Paper 1: 9BI0 01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danspp
what do you mean by prerelease?

they are being sarcastic :wink:
Original post by a.dsouza1_
they are being sarcastic :wink:

Hahaha okay I’m glad because I was like what the f 😭😭😭😭
Just remember that if everyone found it awful, the grade boundaries will be lower.
And if not we can all become strippers together :smile:
I think my new career goal is to follow in the footsteps of whoever wrote this paper and write exam papers and make them as confusing and irrelevant to the spec as possible just to see thousands of students cry in confusion
I believe that career in Mcdonals is also prestigious
Anyone get these answers…
1.12 X 10^11 nanometres
0.4 (log Q)
0.4:1 ratio
-30.00%
Chloroplast MCQ
a. Q
b. S
c. U
That was tough, I started to panic when there was only 45 mins left and I still had a stack of pages to go through...

I've never done a paper where there were so few questions I could answer confidently. Even just the little ones, like that 3 mark 'why is it important that the cell membrane fluidity changes with temperature' totally threw me. I've tried to google it but still not sure wtf the answer is, how are we supposed to know if it's not even in the textbook?
Original post by alexwilsonn
You found it difficult? That was the easiest paper, we were blessed by the prerelease. Id revised spider toxins the previous night - maybe if you put in some work to this paper instead of waffling you’d have enjoyed it like I did. I wish there were 5 graphs just more to analyse!

Nice troll 🤣
Original post by Alevelboy247
1.12 X 10^11 nanometres
0.4 (log Q)
-30.00%
Chloroplast MCQ
a. Q
b. S
c. U

1980nm
The ratio was meant to be an absolute number to 1dp
48%
a.Q
b. Q
c. U
1.12 X 10^11 nanometres
0.4 (log Q)
-30.00%
Chloroplast MCQ
a. Q
b. S
c. U

For chloroplasts pretty sure it was:
a. Q (Where does light-dependent reaction happen - thylakoid/granum)
b. Q (Where do H+ ions accumulate - thylakoid/granum again)
c. can't remeber the letter but it was ribosomes (Where are proteins synthesised)

Pretty sure i got 1:2.5 for the ratio one
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Eddemundos
For chloroplasts pretty sure it was:
a. Q (Where does light-dependent reaction happen - thylakoid/granum)
b. Q (Where do H+ ions accumulate - thylakoid/granum again)
c. can't remeber the letter but it was ribosomes (Where are proteins synthesised)

Pretty sure i got 1:2.5 for the ratio one

Yeah pretty much the same except for the ratio , I think it was meant to be just 2.5 since it said to 1 dp
Original post by mua1122
Yeah pretty much the same except for the ratio , I think it was meant to be just 2.5 since it said to 1 dp

Doesn't that just mean the 2.5 had to be to 1 dp? so 1:2.5 is to 1dp
(edited 1 year ago)
Doesn't that just mean the 2.5 had to be to 1 dp? so 1:2.5 is to 1dp

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be an absolute figure
Cos then 1 isn't to 1dp is it
Original post by mua1122
I'm pretty sure it's meant to be an absolute figure
Cos then 1 isn't to 1dp is it

true but then 2.5 isn't a ratio either so I was very confused, not that it takes much
Original post by mua1122
I wrote that they're enhancer proteins that bind to promoter region of DNA that increase transcription so more mRNA is produced

What did everyone put for the glycolysis question?

Was the glycolysis Q the one about why does rate of glycolysis increase in response to hypoxia or something like that?

I just put something about there being a lack oxygen available to act as the terminal electron acceptor in aerobic respiration resulting in more anaerobic respiration taking place, and since anaerobic is way less efficient that aerobic respiration more glycolysis needs to take place to produce enough ATP to meet the needs of the cell

No idea if that's right tho
literally what I put
Was the glycolysis Q the one about why does rate of glycolysis increase in response to hypoxia or something like that?

I just put something about there being a lack oxygen available to act as the terminal electron acceptor in aerobic respiration resulting in more anaerobic respiration taking place, and since anaerobic is way less efficient that aerobic respiration more glycolysis needs to take place to produce enough ATP to meet the needs of the cell

No idea if that's right tho
Original post by Rahand2004
literally what I put

Are you smart? if you are smart and put the same then I am reassured
Anyone else leave the 6 marker on the back page?😭
I had 2 mins for that didn't have time too read all the numbers so put random general bs abt like more mass so small sa:v ratio idfk
Anyone else leave the 6 marker on the back page?😭
(edited 1 year ago)
what do you guys feel like the grade boundaries for A* gonna be? It's normally 55 do you think it will be around 50 for this paper? or higher

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending