The Student Room Group

Year 12 mocks 2022

Has anyone done their AS 2022 mocks yet? I was just wondering how did it go for those taking Chemistry, Biology and Maths (not international btw). Did you get any questions from any specific past papers???
Reply 1
Original post by sylkiebot
Has anyone done their AS 2022 mocks yet? I was just wondering how did it go for those taking Chemistry, Biology and Maths (not international btw). Did you get any questions from any specific past papers???

id assume most arent starting until easter hols, however
1. you realise if you dont have AS exams then each school makes its own papers, it could legit be a completely different paper from different sources depending on your school
2. if you have actual AS exams you cant find the questions anyway
Reply 2
I have my biology one tomorrow and I was just wondering lol. Yeah... I don't know about my teachers, they either might make their own papers or just hand us the 2021 Locked pastpapers on Pearson.
Reply 3
I have my biology one tomorrow and I was just wondering lol. Yeah... I don't know about my teachers, they either might make their own papers or just hand us the 2021 Locked pastpapers on Pearson.

Do you not have easter holidays? I have another week of holiday I dont start school until like the 19th or something
Reply 4
It finished before yesterday!

I spent all Spring break studying btw it was literally so nerve-wracking, I had so many mental breakdowns and was forced to pull all nighters. So, um basically I'm just gonna sum up what came for you (or like for whoever is wondering): for Paper 1 Biology they got the 2021 paper, my teachers were lazy af bro- and it was the easiest out of all the past papers I've ever encountered so far. Its do with spermatogenesis the most and lipids as well. There was a six marker about sweetened red peppers which I totally skipped ahahah.

I finished Paper 1 (Pure) Maths and the maths department actually made their own paper, I think I got either a C or a B maybe? Most questions were surds and others were to do with binomial expansion, ewwwww. I am so stupid I forgot to use the formula booklet given.

I also finished Paper 1 Chemistry today (which is what I was worried about the most) and it was okayish? Like there were some challenging hydration questions, however easy ionisation energy trend ones and not to mention a mix of mass spectrometry and thermal stability. I guess you could say it was mostly Topic 4 based.
Reply 5
It finished before yesterday!

I spent all Spring break studying btw it was literally so nerve-wracking, I had so many mental breakdowns and was forced to pull all nighters. So, um basically I'm just gonna sum up what came for you (or like for whoever is wondering): for Paper 1 Biology they got the 2021 paper, my teachers were lazy af bro- and it was the easiest out of all the past papers I've ever encountered so far. Its do with spermatogenesis the most and lipids as well. There was a six marker about sweetened red peppers which I totally skipped ahahah.

I finished Paper 1 (Pure) Maths and the maths department actually made their own paper, I think I got either a C or a B maybe? Most questions were surds and others were to do with binomial expansion, ewwwww. I am so stupid I forgot to use the formula booklet given.

I also finished Paper 1 Chemistry today (which is what I was worried about the most) and it was okayish? Like there were some challenging hydration questions, however easy ionisation energy trend ones and not to mention a mix of mass spectrometry and thermal stability. I guess you could say it was mostly Topic 4 based.

Hey, just wondering - was it 2021 as or a level papers that they used for your biology and chem mocks??
Reply 6
Original post by js2k6z
Hey, just wondering - was it 2021 as or a level papers that they used for your biology and chem mocks??

This was last year when I was in Year 12 ofcourse, they gave me the 2021 AS papers because I took the AS exams. This year, I'm in Year 13 now, they gave me the 2022 A level papers for my mocks.
Reply 7
This was last year when I was in Year 12 ofcourse, they gave me the 2021 AS papers because I took the AS exams. This year, I'm in Year 13 now, they gave me the 2022 A level papers for my mocks.

Yes, I get it now - thanks for the reply.
However, my school's mock exams will be done slightly differently.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest