The Student Room Group

Internship

Anyone know if I do a paid (minimal wage) internship as an additional year but still as part of uni as still have to pay reduced fees, do I still get maintenance loan or will they reduce it cos I have an income (all be it nowhere near enough!)
Original post by Doralove
Anyone know if I do a paid (minimal wage) internship as an additional year but still as part of uni as still have to pay reduced fees, do I still get maintenance loan or will they reduce it cos I have an income (all be it nowhere near enough!)

Hi there,

Will this be separate from your course or will it be considered a paid placement?

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you will be on a paid placement for the full year, you will only be eligible for the Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan (RRML).

Thanks, Amy
Reply 4
How reduced is reduced cos it's only minimum wage so not exactly going to be rolling in it!
Reply 5
How reduced is reduced cos it's only minimum wage so not exactly going to be rolling in it!

And is that still means tested on household income? Looking like a year on bread and water....
And is that still means tested on household income? Looking like a year on bread and water....

It is reduced as you are on a paid placement and this is how the funding is assessed for paid placements. No, it is not based on household income.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 7
Original post by Amy SFE
It is reduced as you are on a paid placement and this is how the funding is assessed for paid placements. No, it is not based on household income.

Thanks, Amy

That's something at least, bread water and the occasional bag of crisps! Thanks for your help Amy :smile:
That's something at least, bread water and the occasional bag of crisps! Thanks for your help Amy :smile:

You're welcome 😊 If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending