Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 2: Prose 9ET0 02 - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 2: Prose exam go for you?
Great! (17)
17.89%
Quite well (45)
47.37%
Not so good (20)
21.05%
Terrible! (13)
13.68%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Edexcel A Level English Literature Paper 2: Prose 9ET0 02 - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 15th June AM
Length: 1h15

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
TheSuckUpStudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
i'm doing frankenstein and handmaids tale- anyone have any question predictions?
cloudniineee
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheSuckUpStudent)
i'm doing frankenstein and handmaids tale- anyone have any question predictions?
me too! I'm begging for a role of women question
TheSuckUpStudent
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cloudniineee)
me too! I'm begging for a role of women question
Think I’d cry if that came up tbh, a dream!!
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Think I’d cry if that came up tbh, a dream!!
This would be the mood but regardless of what the question is, I'll always unconsciously find a way to write about women LOL wbu though! do you have any predictions in mind?
TheSuckUpStudent
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
honestly, not really! i feel like prose is so hard to predict
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
honestly, not really! i feel like prose is so hard to predict
I feel quite the opposite about it tbh mainly bc of the overlaps! I’m struggling to predict for poetry since one year it’s gardens and the next it’s family ;-;
notready4gcses
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
what about the theme of doubling? I think that has a chance of being one.
24456Goo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by notready4gcses)
what about the theme of doubling? I think that has a chance of being one.
What do you mean by doubling ?
notready4gcses
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 24456Goo)
What do you mean by doubling ?
havent you learnt the theme of doubling? its like dopplegangers- so i would talk about the monster and victor being doubles and offred and ofglen being doubles. Its like being the same if ygm.
CCES
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I do Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners and for TLL there's almost nothing online
Blue Guitar
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CCES)
I do Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners and for TLL there's almost nothing online
There’s a v helpful course on open learn for TLL https://www.open.edu/openlearn/histo...escription-tab

also some good stuff on JSTOR if you have access
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue Guitar)
There’s a v helpful course on open learn for TLL https://www.open.edu/openlearn/histo...escription-tab

also some good stuff on JSTOR if you have access
Do you know of anything for The War of the Worlds? It seems like no one does this text and there isn't much online.
m1212m
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
same hopefully a gender based Q
cinnamonnbun
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
to people doing Frankenstein and handmaid's tale, the AS questions were :

• Effects of Separation

• Absence of Compassion

AWFUL questions!
Evalala
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Anybody doing Atonement/Hard Times?
annammm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cinnamonnbun)
to people doing Frankenstein and handmaid's tale, the AS questions were :

• Effects of Separation

• Absence of Compassion

AWFUL questions!
Do you know what the questions were for Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners?
cinnamonnbun
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
no im so sorry the AS kids in my school sat them and only told us what came up for our texts :/
(Original post by annammm)
Do you know what the questions were for Heart of Darkness and The Lonely Londoners?
theoppressed
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Heyy is there anyone at all doing Lady Audley's Secret and The Murder Room for Crime? Our school screwed us over so badly with the prose choices
nayuhhhhhhh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys does anyone have a question bank or example questions that have/havent come up for frank and handmaids? even if its just a list of general themes ill take anything at this point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (12)
31.58%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (13)
34.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5.26%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
5.26%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
15.79%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.63%

Watched Threads