The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer April 2022 Campaign

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Foz-jab
Ah ok that’s fine. Thank you so much and good luck.

You too :-)
Reply 21
Everyone get the application update email?
Reply 22
I received this -

Thank you for your recent application and completion of the behavioural based assessment.

Providing you have met the behavioural based assessment pass mark, we will be sending out invitations to complete your video interview by close of business on Tuesday 19th April.

You will receive an email and text message notification asking you to login to your application centre to access the unique link to begin your interview recording.

I haven't received my results though. Has anyone else?
Original post by Rplups
I received this -

Thank you for your recent application and completion of the behavioural based assessment.

Providing you have met the behavioural based assessment pass mark, we will be sending out invitations to complete your video interview by close of business on Tuesday 19th April.

You will receive an email and text message notification asking you to login to your application centre to access the unique link to begin your interview recording.

I haven't received my results though. Has anyone else?

You should have received an email from Artic shores, about 5 mins after completing the "tests " with a complete breakdown of your behaviours.It has 5 sections and a number of sub divisions.

How they can determine yor suiitabillity for the role of a BF Officer by hitting the space a number of times and identifying when someone looks surprised or angry, is beyond me
Reply 24
Original post by Bearded Spartan
You should have received an email from Artic shores, about 5 mins after completing the "tests " with a complete breakdown of your behaviours.It has 5 sections and a number of sub divisions.

How they can determine yor suiitabillity for the role of a BF Officer by hitting the space a number of times and identifying when someone looks surprised or angry, is beyond me

I had that but it didn't say if I'd passed or failed.
Reply 25
Original post by Rplups
I had that but it didn't say if I'd passed or failed.

None of us know yet.

The email states you will receive notification, obviously if you get an interview link you’ve passed the first stage
Reply 26
Check your emails.

I’m not being taken further on this occasion 🤦*♂️

I’m starting to get really annoyed at the whole border force recruitment to be honest.
Having been a PC for over 11 years, military experience and already being on a reserve list, but now can’t even pass the first stage
(edited 2 years ago)
Me too. Considering appealing.
Just got my email, I'm onto the next stage 💯🙌
Reply 29
Original post by James9103
Check your emails.

I’m starting to get really annoyed at the whole border force recruitment to be honest.
Having been a PC for over 11 years, military experience and already being on a reserve list, but now can’t even pass the first stage

Same background and also didn't get through.
Reply 30
Check your emails.

sorry to hear this mate, im on reserve list for october 2021 still been successful this campaign also but how they can kickstart another campaign and we don’t take priority is beyond me. got the same experience as yourself in one area but didn’t score to highly on last campaign just scraped through but you’d like to think we’d be most fitted for the roles 🙄🙄 absolute joke
Had my email too. I am also through to video interview.
Has anyone done the interview yet? Also got my email too 😊
Had my recorded interview invite today too, after completing the 'games' on Saturday, which I'll complete tomorrow.

How they deducted the paychometric scores from those games I will never know. I also assumed I wouldn't get the interview as my laptop is pretty old, and on the reaction test games it took too long to register that I'd clicked and repeatedly told me I was too slow.. I also think the last 'game' was an impossible task and was only there to test how long you would keep trying until you gave up.

If anyone else does the interview before me feel free to let us know how it goes and what to expect!
(edited 2 years ago)
What locations have you all applied for? Mine are London gateway, tilbury, Southend Airport and Stansted Airport 🙌🤞
Doncaster, Immingham and Hull for me.
Reply 36
Original post by Loulou1968
Has anyone done the interview yet? Also got my email too 😊

I haven’t even done the test yet!
Reply 37
Original post by LBCG237
sorry to hear this mate, im on reserve list for october 2021 still been successful this campaign also but how they can kickstart another campaign and we don’t take priority is beyond me. got the same experience as yourself in one area but didn’t score to highly on last campaign just scraped through but you’d like to think we’d be most fitted for the roles 🙄🙄 absolute joke

I attended the chat session they arranged and I’m sure they said in that, vacancies were being filled from the reserve list. I’d like to think anyone on a reserve list would be offered a position first, otherwise it would be very unfair…
Reply 38
Original post by nsq74123
Had my recorded interview invite today too, after completing the 'games' on Saturday, which I'll complete tomorrow.

I guess if it helps anyone, my 'most extreme' psychometric scores on the test were

Cognition - Processing information 8
Interpersonal style - Adjusting behaviour to context 9
Interpersonal style - Dominant and assertive 3
Interpersonal style - Maintain social harmony 8
Thinking style - comfortable with uncertainty 8
Thinking style - prefers variety and change 9

All my other 16 scores were pretty much down the middle, ie. 'average' person.

How they deducted these scores from those games I will never know. I also assumed I wouldn't get the interview as my laptop is pretty old, and on the reaction test games it took too long to register that I'd clicked and repeatedly told me I was too slow.. I also think the last 'game' was an impossible task and was only there to test how long you would keep trying until you gave up.

If anyone else does the interview before me feel free to let us know how it goes and what to expect!

Did they send you those results ?
Did they send you those results ?

Yes, came through on an automated email half an hour after completing the 'games'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending