The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer April 2022 Campaign

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Ikz6183
What would be the usual civil service strength questions?

What do you think of change? How do you deal with it?
Have you even been under pressure?
& so fourth?

I haven’t done the video sift yet, but from civil service experience, strength based questions tend to be similar to those you’ve stated and you can’t prepare for them. They want to see what your natural response is and are trained to know if answers have been rehearsed.

For example, how important is it to accept people for who they are?
Original post by Quayn1
I haven’t done the video sift yet, but from civil service experience, strength based questions tend to be similar to those you’ve stated and you can’t prepare for them. They want to see what your natural response is and are trained to know if answers have been rehearsed.

For example, how important is it to accept people for who they are?

Oh okay I will be doing mine tomorrow evening best of luck to you guys.
Any questions which you do remember just drop em in this chat

Thanks.
Original post by Ikz6183
Oh okay I will be doing mine tomorrow evening best of luck to you guys.
Any questions which you do remember just drop em in this chat

Thanks.

I read elsewhere that we shouldn't post the questions but I will say it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I freaked out recording the practice question so thought I'd fluff the lot so I skipped testing that in the end and went straight in. There's a video beforehand explaining what will happen etc, don't stress too much, it really isn't awful and I mess most interviews up 😆. Good luck (:
Original post by Jimmy_Tue
I read elsewhere that we shouldn't post the questions but I will say it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I freaked out recording the practice question so thought I'd fluff the lot so I skipped testing that in the end and went straight in. There's a video beforehand explaining what will happen etc, don't stress too much, it really isn't awful and I mess most interviews up 😆. Good luck (:

I’m sure it is okay to post the questions. You just can’t post the examples or answers to them, so if you don’t mind please could you give us a little insight would highly appreciate it.

Thanks
Original post by Ikz6183
I’m sure it is okay to post the questions. You just can’t post the examples or answers to them, so if you don’t mind please could you give us a little insight would highly appreciate it.

Thanks

Questions should not be posted.
Original post by Ikz6183

Thanks

The questions won't get posted because no-one is going to give someone else competing for the same job an advantage over them that they didn't have.

The questions are very straightforward and the point of the test is to see how you think on your feet in your responses.
Hi all, just did my video sift and surprisingly it was quite easy. Definitely questions you cannot rehearse for, I can say you do get time between each question to compose yourself and I found the 30 seconds that you’re given after they ask the question was long enough to have your response ready.
Good Luck guys.
Anyone know how long it takes to get results from video sift?
Does anyone know the real difference between an Assistant Officer and a regular Officer besides the pay? I did a live chat with them to ask them but they didn’t give a proper answer 🤔
Have you done the video sift yet? Any tips
Any tips for this please? And good luck
Reply 91
Just completed my video sift. It went very quickly. Anyone looking for tips, there are plenty already posted in this thread.
If anyone hears back about the next stage, please let us know :smile:, hopefully it doesn't take too long.
Original post by Charlykate
Anyone know how long it takes to get results from video sift?

Will most likely be a while as the post doesn't close til May 😩.

Re tips: I'd suggest blurring the video as it gives you the option, so you don't look at yourself. I tried to look in the mirror behind the screen. Try and repeat the question back in your answer. Try to add a result or ending in your answer also i.e if you know you have done something well, say how you know (positive feedback, compliments etc). Best of luck!
Original post by jessrb1
Does anyone know the real difference between an Assistant Officer and a regular Officer besides the pay? I did a live chat with them to ask them but they didn’t give a proper answer 🤔

One of is an assistant :smile: ao’s does all the back office jobs inc printing all the paperwork, forms, taking fingerprints, search bags, help bfo with cases etc.
Reply 94
Depends where you go maritime post are really interesting not much paperwork
Reply 95
Original post by DebsC
Depends where you go maritime post are really interesting not much paperwork

Has anyone put in for Tilbury ?
Original post by xuser97
One of is an assistant :smile: ao’s does all the back office jobs inc printing all the paperwork, forms, taking fingerprints, search bags, help bfo with cases etc.

Hi I'm currently an AO and that isn't true, AO's do mostly the same work as an officer just less decision making and you are doing an apprenticeship but other then that you have the exact same powers as an officer and will be doing similar duties. It's not just printing paperwork or doing admin work. Officers have to do immigration training while AO's do not but if you want to do immigration you are allowed to.
Original post by sohal61
does anyone else have a problem getting off the practiice question? it doesnt give me the option to continue

This happened to me, it doesn't seem to play well with Safari. I opened the link in Chrome andit directed me to download an app whose name currently escapes me.

In short, use something other than Safari.
Original post by Singsongjim
This happened to me, it doesn't seem to play well with Safari. I opened the link in Chrome andit directed me to download an app whose name currently escapes me.

In short, use something other than Safari.

This process will not work with Safari.

You may be able to save some forms as a word doc and export them, but You cannot complete the Vetting form NSV001 on Apple products.

I had to purchase a second hand refurbished lap top -no other way to complete the form.
Hi, has anyone had any update / response since completing the video sift?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending