The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Language and Literature Paper 2 7707/2 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

AQA A Level English Language and Literature Paper 2 7707/2 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June PM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)
what do you think the paris question will be
How did the exam go?
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

The Gatsby recast was unexpected. Why Daisy. I did it in a letter form ?!?
Then for streetcar I chose theme of alienation (s11) quite liked that but the essay wasn't organised, very jumpy
Reply 4
I messed up with time management and only wrote a sentence of commentary
I’m literally shaking I literally managed to miss out 30 marks 😭
Reply 5
Hopefully it went well for everyone else
Reply 6
For Into The Wild I feel like my recast was super boring, I only did a letter for it haha. My commentary for it went quite well, I feel like I'm stronger on the commentary than the recast itself anyway.

For Streetcar I answered 13 about the social backgrounds, that was a perfect question! The other extracts I chose were from scene 1 when Blanche first arrived at Stella's home, including her conversation with Eunice and scene 5 when Blanche asserts her education by indirectly mocking him through the astrological star sign section. Did anyone use anything else?
Reply 7
How did the exam go?

It went surprisingly well. I was shocked at the recast questions. Why Daisy? I thought it would be a minor character like the policeman or a servant. Streetcar was good (I picked the alienation question). Overall I wrote a lot - which either means I waffled or I just analysed in great detail. I hope it went well for most people though :smile:
for gatsby i did her talking to jordan after gatsby death (proleptic narrative)
i didn’t even think of doing a letter lol
and for othello i did. threatening behaviour
How did the exam go?

much better than i thought, the into the wild recast was somewhat similar to a question i did for revision so i did much better than i thought. however, i do wish that i did it in letter form but i mentioned that in my commentary??? i'm not sure that my commentary was as good as it could have been, i felt like i went off topic a couple of times and didn't talk about language enough, but other than that it seemed ok. then streetcar i did the question on alienation and i felt like i waffled a bit but at least i included context and finished it which is better than my normal essays.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
In case anyone wanted to know what I wrote. The daisy recast I did a first person narrative to a friend and used some dialogue. It definitely was not the best but I managed to put in some decent metaphors and techniques like polysyndetic lists and monosyllabic declaratives which I mentioned in my commentary so hopefully I should do okay. And streetcar I mainly talked about the feelings and events that are caused by alienation. For example, loneliness, madness and helplessness. Then I linked my points from the extract to the wider play. I hope I wrote enough context - I just threw in some stuff about domestic tragedy, the personal life of Williams and some dramatical features like plastic theatre. Regardless of what people wrote I am sure you have all done your best and hopefully it turns out good in the end.
How did the exam go?

yeah, not too bad, but not too great. (i did Othello and The Great Gatsby.) i started with Othello because that’s my best out of the two, and i did betrayal. i think it went alright, but definitely not my best essay. i kept waffling haha.
for Gatsby…wow, what was that recast??? i hardly revised chapter 4 because i was convinced it wouldn’t come up as it came up before. my recast had so many cliches, i did it as a conversation between Daisy and a random friend. the commentary was meh - i only was able to write two paragraphs.
overall, paper 1 was definitely better for me. let’s hope my examiner is friendly 👍
does anyone know how strict the exam board is about minor textual inaccuracies
in my recast i wrote that daisy said ‚remember my wedding day‘ and jordan replies yes you were drunk…
i only realised after the exam that she was drunk the day BEFORE
is this a massive deal ?
Reply 13
Original post by roonilwazlib69
in my recast i wrote that daisy said ‚remember my wedding day‘ and jordan replies yes you were drunk…
is this a massive deal ?

Was it the day before or morning of? - I can’t remember 😂 Regardless, you should be okay as it doesn’t seem something major. If you have written a convincing and original piece they will probably overlook it. It is done now so don’t worry too much but I hope it works out for you :smile:
Original post by roonilwazlib69
is this a massive deal ?

I got confused about whether Daisy would know him as Jay or James in my recast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending