AQA A Level English Language and Literature Paper 2 7707/2 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the exam go for you?
Great! (2)
15.38%
Quite well (1)
7.69%
Not so good (6)
46.15%
Terrible! (4)
30.77%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA A Level English Language and Literature Paper 2 7707/2 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June PM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
roonilwazlib69
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
what do you think the paris question will be
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How did the exam go?
Chaz35050
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
How did the exam go?
The Gatsby recast was unexpected. Why Daisy. I did it in a letter form ?!?
Then for streetcar I chose theme of alienation (s11) quite liked that but the essay wasn't organised, very jumpy
Ric AB
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I messed up with time management and only wrote a sentence of commentary
I’m literally shaking I literally managed to miss out 30 marks 😭
Ric AB
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully it went well for everyone else
Liv1354
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
For Into The Wild I feel like my recast was super boring, I only did a letter for it haha. My commentary for it went quite well, I feel like I'm stronger on the commentary than the recast itself anyway.

For Streetcar I answered 13 about the social backgrounds, that was a perfect question! The other extracts I chose were from scene 1 when Blanche first arrived at Stella's home, including her conversation with Eunice and scene 5 when Blanche asserts her education by indirectly mocking him through the astrological star sign section. Did anyone use anything else?
S.2456
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
How did the exam go?
It went surprisingly well. I was shocked at the recast questions. Why Daisy? I thought it would be a minor character like the policeman or a servant. Streetcar was good (I picked the alienation question). Overall I wrote a lot - which either means I waffled or I just analysed in great detail. I hope it went well for most people though
roonilwazlib69
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
for gatsby i did her talking to jordan after gatsby death (proleptic narrative)
i didn’t even think of doing a letter lol
and for othello i did. threatening behaviour
alice168
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
How did the exam go?
much better than i thought, the into the wild recast was somewhat similar to a question i did for revision so i did much better than i thought. however, i do wish that i did it in letter form but i mentioned that in my commentary??? i'm not sure that my commentary was as good as it could have been, i felt like i went off topic a couple of times and didn't talk about language enough, but other than that it seemed ok. then streetcar i did the question on alienation and i felt like i waffled a bit but at least i included context and finished it which is better than my normal essays.
Last edited by alice168; 1 week ago
S.2456
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
In case anyone wanted to know what I wrote. The daisy recast I did a first person narrative to a friend and used some dialogue. It definitely was not the best but I managed to put in some decent metaphors and techniques like polysyndetic lists and monosyllabic declaratives which I mentioned in my commentary so hopefully I should do okay. And streetcar I mainly talked about the feelings and events that are caused by alienation. For example, loneliness, madness and helplessness. Then I linked my points from the extract to the wider play. I hope I wrote enough context - I just threw in some stuff about domestic tragedy, the personal life of Williams and some dramatical features like plastic theatre. Regardless of what people wrote I am sure you have all done your best and hopefully it turns out good in the end.
itspriya
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
How did the exam go?
yeah, not too bad, but not too great. (i did Othello and The Great Gatsby.) i started with Othello because that’s my best out of the two, and i did betrayal. i think it went alright, but definitely not my best essay. i kept waffling haha.
for Gatsby…wow, what was that recast??? i hardly revised chapter 4 because i was convinced it wouldn’t come up as it came up before. my recast had so many cliches, i did it as a conversation between Daisy and a random friend. the commentary was meh - i only was able to write two paragraphs.
overall, paper 1 was definitely better for me. let’s hope my examiner is friendly 👍
roonilwazlib69
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
does anyone know how strict the exam board is about minor textual inaccuracies
in my recast i wrote that daisy said ‚remember my wedding day‘ and jordan replies yes you were drunk…
i only realised after the exam that she was drunk the day BEFORE
is this a massive deal ?
S.2456
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by roonilwazlib69)
in my recast i wrote that daisy said ‚remember my wedding day‘ and jordan replies yes you were drunk…
is this a massive deal ?
Was it the day before or morning of? - I can’t remember 😂 Regardless, you should be okay as it doesn’t seem something major. If you have written a convincing and original piece they will probably overlook it. It is done now so don’t worry too much but I hope it works out for you
Chaz35050
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by roonilwazlib69)
is this a massive deal ?
I got confused about whether Daisy would know him as Jay or James in my recast
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.92%
As I expected (24)
30.77%
Harder (29)
37.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.13%

Watched Threads