AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 2 (option A) 7712/2A - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 2 exam go for you?
Great! (2)
10.53%
Quite well (4)
21.05%
Not so good (11)
57.89%
Terrible! (2)
10.53%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 2 (option A ) 7712/2A - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June PM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
meg0104
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Any question/topic predictions for paper 2?
meg0104
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
There is no advanced info for paper 2 unfortunately, however not sure if everyone does it but for anyone doing Regeneration my teacher has suggested it may be either a Sarah or Yealland question - that’s her opinion purely based on what hasn’t come up yet if that helps anyone♡
sunnshine03
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
anyone got a crystal ball to predict the handmaid's tale and streetcar question? LMAO
sophie365h
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anybody got any band 5/ A star essays on journeys end or band 5/ A star essays Wilfred Owen poetry comparing to a novel thank you xx
Olivia.56
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone do comparing My Boy Jack and Regeneration , and Up the Line to Death ?
isabelallende007
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for comparing Wilfred Owen poems to My Boy Jack or any other novel?
Alpacalover1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Olivia.56)
Does anyone do comparing My Boy Jack and Regeneration , and Up the Line to Death ?
I'm doing 'My Boy Jack' but doing 'Birdsong' as the novel
Wondrous_snap
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
is anyone doing When will there be good news? If yes what kind of Quotes are you revising because there are so many also how are you revising generally for when will there be good news? the other 2 text that I am doing is Rime of the ancient mariner and Brighton rock.
eleanor finnie
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
is the poetry open book?
Mollyf27:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Is anyone doing A Long, Long Way as their novel?
marajadex
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
for anyone who does a streetcar named desire, any predictions for the questions tomorrow? STRUGGLING!
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How did the exam go?
Alpacalover1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
How did the exam go?
Very well although that unseen prose extract was hard! It was so short & there was nothing there really about sacrifice. Anyone else find this?
dirah123
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alpacalover1)
Very well although that unseen prose extract was hard! It was so short & there was nothing there really about sacrifice. Anyone else find this?
Was it the one on social attitudes changing
Olivia.56
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alpacalover1)

The paper was alright I was talking about the mother’s sacrifice of her son - there was something about the bible /stories linked it to the sacrifice of Jesus and then talked about change in setting autumn and by the end how it was quite emotional he had physically changed - I dunno I was talking a lot about the mother and sacrificing her son 😂
April TK
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dirah123)
Wrong thread. You are option 2B
April TK
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by dirah123)
Here’s the thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4#post97335561

I also do your paper, and I hated the extract. Literally nothing to talk about compared to previous unseen prose. This is probably the worse one. Took up all my time and destroyed my final essay. What’s most humiliating is that the theme wasn’t even that bad, it was good.
Alpacalover1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Olivia.56)
The paper was alright I was talking about the mother’s sacrifice of her son - there was something about the bible /stories linked it to the sacrifice of Jesus and then talked about change in setting autumn and by the end how it was quite emotional he had physically changed - I dunno I was talking a lot about the mother and sacrificing her son 😂
Yeah I talked about those things too!!
Olivia.56
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Guys does this sound alright for the comparison question on sacrifice:

Rudyard sacrifices his son doesn’t feel guilty about it (although it can be argued he does a bit by the end) contrast to Rivers who is more sympathetic to the treatment of patients sacrifices his health in chapter 13 feels guilty

Then I did how Bowe ( his anxiety on the front line and then also in 2.3 still suffering) and Billy Prior sacrifice their sanity to fulfil their duties of fighting in war ( prior’s internal conflict with going back to war but also scared he’s going to die )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (35)
33.65%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
46.15%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (20)
19.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.96%

Watched Threads