The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 2 (option B) 7712/2B - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 2 (option B) exam go for you?

AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 2 (option B) 7712/2B - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June PM
Length: 2h30

Resources:

Specification

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All links are broken for me, but i swear there's no advanced info for paper 2?
Original post by H.dy
All links are broken for me, but i swear there's no advanced info for paper 2?

Thanks for the heads up - should be fixed now :smile:
Last exam letss gooo
Reply 4
This is the crime aqa a level lit chat right?
Original post by ells.e
This is the crime aqa a level lit chat right?

No 🤔
Reply 6
anyone have any predictions for the theme for comparison
or if you are doing the handmaid's tale, what characters may come up
Does anyone have any advice, tips, links to resources for the unseen prose extract question? Realising now that I've never done anything like that! I plan to practise some but I have literally no idea where to start.
Reply 8
Original post by Ahhhhhhhhhhh0101
Does anyone have any advice, tips, links to resources for the unseen prose extract question? Realising now that I've never done anything like that! I plan to practise some but I have literally no idea where to start.

my best advice would be to identify three over arching points in the extract e.g. if the theme is 'loss' you could explore within the extract the loss of identity, loss of the present, emotional loss etc
Also, to get into the top band always link back to how it relates to post modern literature e.g. does it include the emergence of the female voice? does it deal with the erasure of traditionalism? does it include a political message?
hope that helps
Original post by Mi964
my best advice would be to identify three over arching points in the extract e.g. if the theme is 'loss' you could explore within the extract the loss of identity, loss of the present, emotional loss etc
Also, to get into the top band always link back to how it relates to post modern literature e.g. does it include the emergence of the female voice? does it deal with the erasure of traditionalism? does it include a political message?
hope that helps

Thank you
Lmao living on this thread but does anyone have any predictions for section b? Looking at past papers it looks like it could be literally anything :/
Reply 11
Original post by Ahhhhhhhhhhh0101
Lmao living on this thread but does anyone have any predictions for section b? Looking at past papers it looks like it could be literally anything :/

my teacher thinks class for the last question (and unseen i guess). same one that predicted othello was going to be abt desdemona's naivety. that prediction was hella sus so im learning class just to make sure.
Anyone for Sheer’s?
Reply 13
Original post by Pawocinnej
Anyone for Sheer’s?

yh and its the one i'm looking forward too tbh. cannot be asked for the modern prose and drama question. we do revolutionary road and cat on a hot tin roof and both are so annoying to write abt
Original post by H.dy
my teacher thinks class for the last question (and unseen i guess). same one that predicted othello was going to be abt desdemona's naivety. that prediction was hella sus so im learning class just to make sure.

I reckon that one might be a bit subjective. Difficult to argue if you're studying Feminine Gospels for example. I don't think I'd have any idea what to write for an essay on class :/
Reply 15
Original post by merbibi
I reckon that one might be a bit subjective. Difficult to argue if you're studying Feminine Gospels for example. I don't think I'd have any idea what to write for an essay on class :/

same here i’m doing ariel and there’s almost nothing to write for class
Original post by Mi964
anyone have any predictions for the theme for comparison
or if you are doing the handmaid's tale, what characters may come up

all i know is less popular characters like the commander, serena joy and janine won't come up as they came up quite recently.
Original post by merbibi

oh god i really hope it's not class. i also do feminine gospels and i have no clue what you could mention about class.
Idk if anyone else is like this but I'm literally so much weaker on paper 2 than paper 1. Like I'm just nowhere near as familiar with the texts and with the paper being 30 mins shorter I find the timings really difficult :/ anyone else feel the same?
Original post by kaxxxxc2
all i know is less popular characters like the commander, serena joy and janine won't come up as they came up quite recently.

My predictions are that THT will focus on genre/dystopian fiction or totalitarianism if it’s not a character question but they could throw anything at us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending