AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 1 (option B) 7717/1B - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the exam go for you?
Great! (4)
19.05%
Quite well (9)
42.86%
Not so good (8)
38.1%
Terrible! (0)
0%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 1 (option B) 7717/1B - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 7th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I must be the only person in England doing this damned paper
Sidnei
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McDonaldsEmploy)
I must be the only person in England doing this damned paper
naaaaaah - we're just not bothering with these chats til the exams are done ) or at least i am)
Last edited by Sidnei; 1 month ago
McDonaldsEmploy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sidnei)
naaaaaah - we're just not bothering with these chats til the exams are done ) or at least i am)
help a brother out

how are you revising till then?

I still struggle to make a good essay in a measly 50 mins.
Sidnei
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
help a brother out

how are you revising till then?

I still struggle to make a good essay in a measly 50 mins.
if you want the honest version? I'm not coz Psych is closer and is one of my weakest subjects so i'm more focused on it. I think you just gotta figure out ur weaknesses (in your case, more timed essays and consolidation of ideas, im guessing) and work on them - im just working on the philosophy thats its not too late til the exams over
McDonaldsEmploy
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sidnei)
if you want the honest version? I'm not coz Psych is closer and is one of my weakest subjects so i'm more focused on it. I think you just gotta figure out ur weaknesses (in your case, more timed essays and consolidation of ideas, im guessing) and work on them - im just working on the philosophy thats its not too late til the exams over
I'm doing psych as well bro, yeah will focus english after. Good luck

thats a bloody good answer you've wrote - honest versions always the best version
Sidnei
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm doing psych as well bro, yeah will focus english after. Good luck

thats a bloody good answer you've wrote - honest versions always the best version
Good luck back to ya. After the two years we've had, we need it!
McDonaldsEmploy
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lanalilo)
personally, i started writing 3 paragraphs instead of 4 (excluding intro and conclusion) but making them longer, focusing more on being thorough with analysis and it's boosted my grade for eng lit a lot. my essays went from 14/24 marks to 22/24

hope that helps
how did you practice that?
meaning how did you practice writing and thinking under 50 mins in response to a question?

For me, I can write a good essay if given 2 days but under 50 mins? very mediocre at best
lanalilo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
how did you practice that?
meaning how did you practice writing and thinking under 50 mins in response to a question?

For me, I can write a good essay if given 2 days but under 50 mins? very mediocre at best
sounds basic but mainly practise essays. i go to past papers and time myself doing an essay and ask my teacher to mark it. naturally, you'll kinda get better at thinking quicker under timed conditions.

how are you feeling for june 7th?
McDonaldsEmploy
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lanalilo)
sounds basic but mainly practise essays. i go to past papers and time myself doing an essay and ask my teacher to mark it. naturally, you'll kinda get better at thinking quicker under timed conditions.

how are you feeling for june 7th?
very, very terrible tbh

I need to remember all the quotes as well as practice essays.
lanalilo
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
very, very terrible tbh

you dont need to learn a lot of quotes, just a few and how to apply them to the main themes.
just a little exam practise and you'll be fine, good luck!
liv.5.riley
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
very, very terrible tbh

highkey though, you'll learn quotes by practising essays
liv.5.riley
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
any predicitions for tuesday?

obviously act one for the extract, but any ideas on possible section B/C?
oriogonala
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
My teachers have suggested anything on women for either b or c because they haven't done many on women yet however, I hope they will be more lenient in the actual paper.
(Original post by liv.5.riley)
any predicitions for tuesday?

obviously act one for the extract, but any ideas on possible section B/C?
liv.5.riley
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
yes, i'm hoping for treatment of women- closest they've ever got is emilia in 2018, which is not a nice question imo.
maybe also something on deception or deceit for either

(Original post by oriogonala)
My teachers have suggested anything on women for either b or c because they haven't done many on women yet however, I hope they will be more lenient in the actual paper.
McDonaldsEmploy
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
lets get this thread rolling
lilianbaker
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
hi can someone help me asap

when structuring an essay, is the argument balanced or unbalanced?? i take 3 essay subjects and always get the mixed up.

eg for balanced

intro
point for
point against
point for
point against
balanced conc

eg for unbalanced

intro
point for
point for
point against
point for
unbalanced conc

thank u so much in advance x
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hope the exam went well! How is everyone feeling about it?
enia369236
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
Hope the exam went well! How is everyone feeling about it?
I think it went okay! the extract was nice and so were the Othello questions, the combined questions were a bit more tricky though I thought
vfsvfscvfswc
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
i thought it was pretty good section c was my best probably but it was alright like a 7/10. now time to revise for my next exam today.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
39.13%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (7)
30.43%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4.35%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
13.04%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads