The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 2 (option B) 7717/2B - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 2 (option B) exam go for you?

AQA A Level English Literature B Paper 2 (option B) 7717/2B - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June PM
Length: 3h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

How many times have people read the books? My teacher says we have to read them all 4 times each but I have only read 3 of them twice and on the 3rd read of the other.
Original post by Bethanybarratt
How many times have people read the books? My teacher says we have to read them all 4 times each but I have only read 3 of them twice and on the 3rd read of the other.

I've read over them about twice and listened to an audiobook of them about three times! audiobooks are definitely much easier to get through and digest.
Original post by laurelheaven
I've read over them about twice and listened to an audiobook of them about three times! audiobooks are definitely much easier to get through and digest.

Yes I have been reading alongside the audiobooks and it's much better!!!
Yes I have been reading alongside the audiobooks and it's much better!!!

Right? especially with the plays, its much easier to understand the meaning :smile:
Right? especially with the plays, its much easier to understand the meaning :smile:

Do you study Othello? As I can’t seem to find a good audiobook for it!
Do you study Othello? As I can’t seem to find a good audiobook for it!

I studied it for AS, but I changed specs in Year 13! I'll see if i can find something :smile:
I studied it for AS, but I changed specs in Year 13! I'll see if i can find something :smile:

Ahh I see, thank you so much!!
Reply 8
Just wondering what the time management for this Paper (planning and writing time) would be with the 30 minutes extra.
any predictions?
Original post by ingenii
Just wondering what the time management for this Paper (planning and writing time) would be with the 30 minutes extra.

1 hour per question is what I do. Probably maximum ten mins planning on B and C then maximum 15 on the extract in A.
Anyone do Blake, Kite Runner and/or Handmaids?
Original post by ughexams123

Yeah I do Blake and Kite Runner with Henry IV part 1
Predictions plsss - Blake, The Handmaid's Tale and The Kite Runner.
Dreading this exam!!!! I hate the fact that’s it’s so long too. Ughhhh
Original post by hj123456778
Predictions plsss - Blake, The Handmaid's Tale and The Kite Runner.

I think Blake will either be something to do with children/innocence or maybe like sexuality/love, I would really like religion though
I think Blake will either be something to do with children/innocence or maybe like sexuality/love, I would really like religion though

yeah religion is easy- anything for Section C?

Yep, I do all three
Original post by hj123456778
yeah religion is easy- anything for Section C?

Not sure tbh, that one could literally be anything and idk the themes of all the books so idk what is applicable to them all. They've never done anything related to gender or religion for section C to my knowledge.
Original post by ingenii

i'm probably just going to do 1 hour per question or maybe give a bit more time to the unseen extract

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending