The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Religious Studies Developments Christian thought H573/03 -21 Jun [Chat]

Poll

How did the OCR A Level Religious Studies H573/03 exam go for you?

OCR A Level Religious Studies Developments in Christian thought H573/03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

We didnt have time in school to do a single essay for this paper, and learnt the content so quickly, absolutley dreading this paper.
The structure i do for philosophy and ethics tends to be for-against, for-against, for (and another agasint depending on timing etc), or reversed depending on statement. Is the same structure ok to be used here?
Reply 2
Original post by Rara345
We didnt have time in school to do a single essay for this paper, and learnt the content so quickly, absolutley dreading this paper.
The structure i do for philosophy and ethics tends to be for-against, for-against, for (and another agasint depending on timing etc), or reversed depending on statement. Is the same structure ok to be used here?

Yep that will be fine - you need to argue both sides of the debate and come to a strong conclusion about which side is the right one (and most importantly - why).
Original post by Joe312
Yep that will be fine - you need to argue both sides of the debate and come to a strong conclusion about which side is the right one (and most importantly - why).

Thank you
anyone got any predictions for what they think it will be on?
does anyone know the november 2021 questions please? thanks in advance!
EDIT: none of them are for our topics
(edited 1 year ago)
hi again, does anyone have an essay on jesus that I could have a look at please (maybe pm?) ? I have never written one so it would help me prepare for the topic!
no problem if not! :smile:
tia!
Go on I think therefore I teach
Original post by llivvv109472
Go on I think therefore I teach

thanks! :smile:
do you think that each question will be on different topics or is there a chance two questions could be on the same topic? maybe i could get away with revising only 3 out of 4 lol…
Original post by angrydog32
do you think that each question will be on different topics or is there a chance two questions could be on the same topic? maybe i could get away with revising only 3 out of 4 lol…

I've been getting away with only revising 3 and I think it is very unlikely that there will be two questions on the same topic... but I guess if you have time revise 4 to be safe? good luck :smile:
I've been getting away with only revising 3 and I think it is very unlikely that there will be two questions on the same topic... but I guess if you have time revise 4 to be safe? good luck :smile:

Yh same I didn’t revise any of metaethics And it was fine
I don’t think I’m going to do Bonhoeffer for this paper. I have a lot of exams next week so this is me prioritising lol

thank you and good luck to you too! :]
I’m only gonna revise Bonhoeffer, gender and theology, and Jesus - we were taught knowledge of God by a different teacher and she was terrible. Never wrote an essay for it so I’m gonna just go with the topics I know and have had more than a months preparation for
There’s only really three potential questions for the Jesus question: was he only a wisdom teacher?, was his relationship with God very special or truly unique?, and did he think he was divine? (Political liberator has already been on the exam and we haven’t had to do liberation theology for the paper so it would be really stupid if it came up this year)
For Bonhoeffer the main questions are:
- can we ever know the will of God?
- can Christians be involved in civil disobedience?
- Bonhoeffer places too much emphasis on suffering
- whether his religious community at Finkenwalde was a success

(Whether his teachings have relevance today has already been on a paper and it would also be ridiculous to have it on a paper the year a war has broken out in Europe)
There’s loads of potential questions for gender and theology, but the main ones are:
- whether God can (successfully) be presented in female terms
- whether Christianity should be changed or abandoned
- whether feminism is compatible with the Church
- whether a male saviour can save women
- whether only women can develop a true spirituality

If you can answer all these, then you should be fine because any other potential question would have elements of these ones in it.

Also… make sure you know what Daly and Reuther would say about all of these questions and where their views lie, on the specification Daly and Reuther are pretty important. They could also ask a question and specifically name Reuther or Daly, or both. Make sure you know the comparisons between them and make sure you reference them in an essay.
Original post by ginnyelizabeth
There’s only really three potential questions for the Jesus question: was he only a wisdom teacher?, was his relationship with God very special or truly unique?, and did he think he was divine? (Political liberator has already been on the exam and we haven’t had to do liberation theology for the paper so it would be really stupid if it came up this year)

I thought so too but I've had (past exam) questions on really specific aspects of his roles e.g. 'Jesus' teaching was only about becoming a moral teacher' and so, with a true focus on the question, which you need for the higher marks, you could only really discuss what his teaching was about. It sounds okay but once you have chosen it and tried to write it it's so much harder than you would think
Original post by alisha202304
I thought so too but I've had (past exam) questions on really specific aspects of his roles e.g. 'Jesus' teaching was only about becoming a moral teacher' and so, with a true focus on the question, which you need for the higher marks, you could only really discuss what his teaching was about. It sounds okay but once you have chosen it and tried to write it it's so much harder than you would think

any question on the paper would be a variation of one of them three questions, as long as you know the arguments around everything on the spec for Jesus and can write a good amount on them all, you should be fine. Personally, I like to revise DCT by getting a specific part of the spec (i.e. Jesus thought he was divine) and mind mapping it.

There’s only been one past exam question on Jesus (???) and it was to do with him as a political liberator
Anyone else's school had no time to do any essays for this whole paper? :P

Quick Reply

Latest