The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 7192/2 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Sociology Sociology Paper 2 7192/2 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 7th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys what topics do you think will come up for the 10 markers for families and beliefs?
Reply 2
Original post by khushi.xo
Hey guys what topics do you think will come up for the 10 markers for families and beliefs?

I dont think it will be childhood as that has come up couple times already
maybe not demography either
hoping its theories or something easy to write about
Original post by KA139
I dont think it will be childhood as that has come up couple times already
maybe not demography either
hoping its theories or something easy to write about

Yeah i was thinking the same i think it may be on family structures or couples? it could also be on changing family patterns and diversity but that kind of goes into the 20 marker cause the policies influence the family patterns and structures. It COULD possibly be theories tbh.
Reply 4
Original post by khushi.xo
Yeah i was thinking the same i think it may be on family structures or couples? it could also be on changing family patterns and diversity but that kind of goes into the 20 marker cause the policies influence the family patterns and structures. It COULD possibly be theories tbh.

yeh because for theories functionalism and feminism have come up
Original post by KA139
yeh because for theories functionalism and feminism have come up

Probs Marxists or postmodernists
anyone who does beliefs does anyonw have an idea for what the 20 markerer will be based on advanced list
Original post by superstar3333
anyone who does beliefs does anyonw have an idea for what the 20 markerer will be based on advanced list

like what will the 20 markwe look likw
will it be
evaluate science is an open belief system
idk what to thimk
what are the possible questios
I think either ideology or science with open/closed belief systems
Original post by 20Ellen20
I think either ideology or science with open/closed belief systems

Yeah thats the 20 marker AI
Here are some potential 20 markers that our teacher gave us for beliefs:
- Evaluate the functionalist/feminist/Marxist view of the role and purpose of religion today.
- “The main purpose of religion is to integrate society”. Evaluate this statement in light of your sociological knowledge.
- Evaluate sociological explanations of the nature and role of ideology.
- Assess the view that in most societies religion functions more to cause conflict than to bring about harmony and consensus.
- Evaluate the claim that religion performs an ideological function in the interests of powerful groups.
- “The main function of religion is to provide people with a code of behaviour which regulates personal and social life.” Assess the extent to which sociological arguments and evidence support this view of religion in modern society.
- “The main function of religion in society today is to dull the pain of oppression”. To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view of religion today?
- Assess the extent to which Marxist and feminist theories help our understanding of religion in society today.
- Evaluate the view that science has a greater influence than religion on people’s lives today.
- Evaluate the nature of science as an ideology.
Original post by cheesetoasties1
Here are some potential 20 markers that our teacher gave us for beliefs:
- Evaluate the functionalist/feminist/Marxist view of the role and purpose of religion today.
- “The main purpose of religion is to integrate society”. Evaluate this statement in light of your sociological knowledge.
- Evaluate sociological explanations of the nature and role of ideology.
- Assess the view that in most societies religion functions more to cause conflict than to bring about harmony and consensus.
- Evaluate the claim that religion performs an ideological function in the interests of powerful groups.
- “The main function of religion is to provide people with a code of behaviour which regulates personal and social life.” Assess the extent to which sociological arguments and evidence support this view of religion in modern society.
- “The main function of religion in society today is to dull the pain of oppression”. To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view of religion today?
- Assess the extent to which Marxist and feminist theories help our understanding of religion in society today.
- Evaluate the view that science has a greater influence than religion on people’s lives today.
- Evaluate the nature of science as an ideology.

Ayo thanks a lot :u:
guys what do you think will come up as the 20 marker on culture and identity
Reply 13
what are possible 20 mark questions for families and households?
me who has a clash on the 7th with maths and i have to do sociology in the morning and be isolated with an invigilator away from the rest of the world with just books and no gadgets so i don't leak questions, dreading it, it's just 2 of us as well:frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by orion reid
me who has a clash on the 7th with maths and i have to do sociology in the morning and be isolated with an invigilator away from the rest of the world with just books and no gadgets so i don't leak questions, dreading it, it's just 2 of us as well:frown:

No that’s literally me on the 13th with chemistry and soc paper 3 😭
Original post by ayesha_15

we've got this :bawling: but paper 3+chemistry...that's tough buddy
i have english lit and sociology on the same day😭😭my hand is going to be GONE
Original post by molza
what are possible 20 mark questions for families and households?

Evaluate functionalist explanations of the role of the family in society.
Evaluate sociological views on the impact of government policies and laws on the role of the family.
Evaluate the contribution of Marxist views to our understanding of the family.
Evaluate the contribution of feminist views to an understanding of family roles and relationships.
Assess sociological views of the impact of government policies and laws on family life.
Evaluate functionalist and New Right views of the family.
Evaluate the view that government policies are patriarchal.
Evaluate the view the family helps to maintain capitalism.
Evaluate the contribution of postmodernist views to our understanding of the the family today.
Reply 19
Original post by ayesha_15

samee
how u feeking about chem

Quick Reply

Latest